Gorgon Project - Western Australia
The Gorgon Project is one of the world’s largest natural gas projects and the biggest resource development in Australia’s history. The project, which is being constructed on Barrow Island, off the northwest coast of Western Australia, includes a multi train, 15.6 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) liquified natural gas (LNG) facility and a domestic gas plant with the capacity to provide 300 terajoules of gas per day.
The project is expected to create more than 10,000 jobs in Australia, including 6,000 people working on and around Barrow Island.
NES Global Talent and the Gorgon Project
We provide complete recruitment services throughout the entire exploration and production lifecycle from pre front end engineering design (FEED) to the operational phase.
There is an increased demand for engineers with LNG expertise and experience. While Australia is home to some of the best engineering talent in the world, demand is outstripping supply and we access our global talent pool to fill vacancies.
To overcome skills shortage in Australia, we have secured a labor agreement with the Australian government so we can supply skilled candidates from overseas and help fill the LNG and construction skills gap.
- Management – corporate, project, site
- Project control – planning, contracts, estimation, cost control
- Onshore construction – civil, underground, structural mechanical piping (SMP), electrical and instrumentation, quality assurance (QA) / quality control (QC)
- Health and safety – onshore and offshore supervision, training, contractor health, safety and environment (HSE) management, audit
- Environmental – approvals, compliance, site monitoring, management planning
- Commissioning – civil, SMP, electrical and instrumentation, QA / QC
- Project support – administration, document control, technical advisory
- Offshore – drilling and completions, hook-up and commissioning (HUC), installation
- Subsea – pipeline, subsea production systems, umbilicals, risers and flowlines (URF), geophysics
If you are interested in finding a job on this project or would like more information, please use the button below to catch our Perth office.