The Upper Zakum development project aims to increase oil production rates at the Abu Dhabi-based field from 550,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 750,000 bpd by 2015, sustainable for 25 years.
The project involves consolidating drilling centres and processing facilities on artificial islands and utilising new technologies in extended reach drilling and maximum reservoir contact to develop the entire field.
NES Global Talent and the Upper Zakum project
The Upper Zakum project spans a number of locations and counties around the world, with subcontractors and vendors utilising a number of international fabrication yards and engineering hubs.
The fact that we have more than 45 offices across the world, including an operation in Abu Dhabi, means we are on the ground offering full support to clients and candidates working on this multi-country and multi-stage project. NES Global Talent not only offers a recruitment service but also supports candidates through the entire mobilisation process, offering help with everything from obtaining visas to securing temporary accommodation.
The roles we are recruiting for include:
- Management – corporate, project, site
- Project control – planning, contracts, estimation, cost control
- On-Island construction – civil, underground, structural mechanical piping (SMP), electrical and instrumentation, quality assurance (QA) / quality control (QC)
- Health and safety – onshore and offshore supervision, health, safety and environment (HSE) management
- Commissioning – civil, SMP, electrical and instrumentation, QA / QC
- Offshore –hook-up and commissioning (HUC), installation
- Logistics – port supervision, materials, lifting experts and marine professionals
- Fabrication – team leaders, engineers, quality engineers, module project engineers
If you are interested in working on this project or would like more information, please use the button below to contact our Abu Dhabi office.