The A$29bn Wheatstone Project is one of Australia’s largest resource developments. It includes an onshore facility located at Ashburton North Strategic Industrial Area, 12km west of Onslow on the Pilbara coast of Western Australia.
The foundation project will consist of two liquefied natural gas (LNG) trains with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) and a 200 terajoule per day domestic gas plant. The project has approval to expand to 25 mtpa of LNG, with first LNG expected in 2016.
The project is expected to create an estimated 6,500 direct and indirect jobs at peak construction.
NES Global Talent and the Wheatstone Project
We provide complete recruitment services from pre front end engineering design (FEED) to commissioning.
There is an increased demand for engineers with LNG expertise and experience. While Australia is home to some of the best engineering talent in the world, demand is outstripping supply and we access our global talent pool to fill vacancies.
To overcome skills shortage in Australia, we have secured a labor agreement with the Australian government so we can supply skilled candidates from overseas and help fill the LNG and construction skills gap.
- Management – corporate, project, site
- Project control – planning, contracts, estimation, cost control
- Onshore construction – civil, underground, structural mechanical piping (SMP), electrical and instrumentation, quality assurance (QA) / quality control (QC)
- Health and safety – onshore and offshore supervision, training, contractor health, safety and environment (HSE) management, audit
- Environmental – approvals, compliance, site monitoring, management planning
- Commissioning – civil, SMP, electrical and instrumentation, QA / QC
- Project support – administration, document control, technical advisory
- Offshore – drilling and completions, hook-up and commissioning (HUC), installation
- Subsea – pipeline, subsea production systems, umbilicals, risers and flowlines (URF), geophysics
If you are interested in working on this project or would like more information, please contact our Perth office using the button below