Find a Job
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- UK & Europe: Norway
- 7 Mar 2014
Senior Production Engineer
Temporary position as Sr Production Engineer in the Production Operation department. The Sr Production
Engineer will provide technical expertise in production optimisation activities (well hydraulics, flow lines and
process facilities). He/she will ensure the company production performance analysis is executed according to
company standards. The job include support to both operated a nonoperated
Share production optimisation methods with operational entities.
Assist field operations in performing experience feedback towards the Technical Authority
Perform (or analyse results of) production network modelling for optimisation purpose.
Support the implementation of Integrated Operations with own expertise.
Provide input for corporate systems updates in order to prepare budget and forecasts.
Monitoring plants/facility regularity.
Controlling data gathering from wells and plants/facilities.
Follow operations (drilling, production, shut down …) in the purpose to prepare/update production forecasts.
Use software such as MIKON, Avocet and OFM/FPA for well data gathering and forecasts preparation.
Support preparation of shutdown plans.
Assist the Production Engineer embedded on the above topics.
Master Degree or equivalent – in Petroleum, Production or Process Engineering.
10 years of relevant experience.
Experience in field operations or in a production support team will be an advantage.
Extensive field experience may compensate for lack of MsC.
English, fluent. Norwegian is beneficial.
Taste for technical challenges
- UK & Europe: Norway
- 7 Mar 2014
We are committed to maximising the exploration and production potential in Europe E&P. We have integrated our Norge and UK Upstream assets to better support a future of growth and investment in the area. This will deliver a more sustainable future and robust business proposition for Europe E&P, as well as enhanced development opportunities for individuals across the combined teams. With a joint portfolio producing over 100 kboe/ day, our goal is to continue building a truly excellent Exploration and Production business in Europe E&P.
Geologist in the Norway Exploration Team. The Geologist will be part of an integrated team involved in pre-licence New Ventures activity; evaluating plays, generating prospects and growing the business in the Barents Sea, whilst adhering to all BG Subsurface Policies and Standards.
- Delivers well scoped and pre-defined geological elements of NV Exploration projects with particular focus on the Barents Sea.
· Adheres to appropriate Subsurface Policies and Standards.
· Applies geological expertise and professional judgment in delivering assigned projects and presents completed analysis and recommendations at Peer Reviews, Peer Assists and Functional Reviews as part of the Group Value Assurance Framework.
· Active participation as peer reviewer for other projects and engagement with the wider subsurface community in promoting knowledge sharing
· Ensures all geological uncertainties and risks are incorporated into forward exploration and appraisal plans, and are included in all estimates of reserves.
· Ensures all of their own evaluations are documented and related geological data (both petrotechnical and physical) is handled in accordance with BG's Data Management Standards.
· Support participation in Norway Exploration Licencing rounds.
· Actively participate in NPD and MPE meetings as required.
· Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountability for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
· Regional understanding of Barents Sea and associated prospective plays is critical.
· Experienced user of geological interpretations systems (Petrel essential, GeoX, ArcGIS, ODM etc).
· Requires experience of clastic and carbonate plays, with exposure to regional and new venture evaluations, prospect generation and evaluation, well operations planning and delivery.
· Experience of the Norwegian licencing rounds application process and preparation of documentation for submission is required.
· Previous asset-based geologist experience is essential.
· Excellent presentation skills and clear and convincing report writing ability. Willing to present technical presentations to peer groups internally and externally.
· Proven skills in time and project management.
Must be effective operating in a team structure and capable of progressing own work flows to achieve delivery deadlines.
- UK & Europe: France
- 7 Mar 2014
FLOW ASSURANCE ENGINEER
The Service holder participates, under Flow Assurance Leader's supervision, in the definition and implementation of all
Flow Assurance (FA) studies required throughout the project. The objective of these studies is to ensure an effective
delivery of hydrocarbons from the wells to the FPSO under the range of operating conditions required throughout the
The Service holder will then participate in the identification, the definition of scope of work, the implementation, followup
and control of Flow Assurance (FA) studies, the analysis of their results, the issue/validation of recommendations for
the design of facilities and the control of design (Basic Engineering / Detailed Engineering) performed by Contractors,
in compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures, company General Specifications, discipline requirements and
international codes, with the objective to reduce costs without impacting the schedule or the required level of quality
The Service holder will also interface with other elements of the project on all engineering and constructability matters.
The Service holder reports to the Flow Assurance Leader.
The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSE rules &
requirements and for implementing HSE rules within his area of responsibility.
The Project is a deep offshore (1,400 to 1,900 m depth) development located West Africa, Offshore Angola
intended to produce Oil and Gas from medium size dispersed (23 x 41 km) reservoirs (Oligocene and Miocene - 6
The Project will be developed with high HSSE requirements and focus and the Angolan content of the work
will be a key factor to its success.
This project is developed by the Operator within the frame of the Angolan Block 32 Production
Sharing Agreement (PSA) signed other another large operator the Block 32 Joint Operating Agreement (JOA).
The Development Scheme is based upon two FPSO units (converted VLCCs; 2 x 100,000 bopd; about 2 Mbbl storage
per FPSO) with production, water injection and gas export flowlines, risers and umbilicals (6 x subsea hybrid production
loops (10 '' and 12'' insulated production lines looped with non insulated lines) i.e. 80 km of Pipe-in-Pipe and 78 km of
service line). The produced gas (2 x 3.0 Mm3/d) is exported to AnLNG via the GEP network. 64 subsea wells are
planned (35 to FPSO North (GGC), 29 to FPSO South (CLM) - 35 producers, 29 water injections connected to 19
FID (Sanction) is planned end 1st quarter 2013, for a First Oil planned 2nd quarter 2016 for FPSO 1 and 1st quarter
2017 for FPSO 2.
In term of CAPEX, the project will be one of the most important projects operated by the company.
The technical challenges the project will face are the flow assurance and the reservoirs development and management,
the design one & built two conversion turret-moored FPSO's (a first) and subsea production/injection system definition.
OTHER OBSERVATIONS ON THE SPECIFICITIES OF THE SERVICE
Communication - ability to function as part of a dispersed Project Team to maintain clear understanding to design
issues, progress and objectives.
Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with a multi-disciplined/multi-cultural tea
- Middle East: Iraq
- 7 Mar 2014
Drilling Engineering Manager
Drilling & Completions
Basra (28/28 Rotation)
The Drilling Engineering Manager reports to the Drilling Operations Manager, with a functional reporting line to the Iraq Well Engineering Manager. Reporting to the Drilling Engineering Manager are the drilling engineering team leaders (including the planning and programming team leader). The role will be responsible for drilling engineering, standardization, well integrity, quality assurance, benchmarking, engineering performance management and engineering career development. The role will be responsible for the engineering of drilling solutions on a well by well basis to ensure well delivery is optimised for the well specifics.
This person will lead by example in the ongoing training and development of Iraqi National engineers and will show a strong commitment to HSSE, including regular Site Leadership visits to the field.
A strong working relationship with RST, the ROO Subsurface Team, the other Wells Teams and PSCM is essential. The role is DEM is the technical focal point for ROO input into ongoing drilling contracting work.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Delivery of safe and environmentally sound drilling engineering solutions on time and within budget.
- Monitor and coach staff & contractors in an international safety culture and expectations, with a strong emphasis on Iraqi Nationals..
- Manage and develop the drilling engineering organisation
- Work with subsurface team to ensure delivery of new well designs and programmes to meet production targets. Oversee full integration between RST, sub-surface and Wells teams during the planning process and operational phase.
- Assurance of the technical integrity of the operations and compliance with company Standards.
- Administration of contracts to deliver drilling operations and identification of future contract requirements. Provide a technical focal point for input into contract requirements.
- The identification and application of value enhancing, innovative and new technologies
- Company point of contact for drilling engineering activities
- Responsible for technical integrity and assurance of well designs and technical risk assessment, management, contingency planning and mitigation.
- Coordination and maintenance of the elements of the Well Delivery Process.
- Specification and standardisation of installed well equipment (OCTG, wellhead, trees, etc)
- Ensure alignment with company Standards, integration of learnings, best practice and benchmarking data.
- Review of drilling programmes and recommendations for improvement and optimisation.
- Coordination of in house technical support and external drilling technical support
- Participation in rig / well site and service base audits for conformity to company Standards.
Criteria & qualifications
- Proven track record as a strong team player and ability to lead a team with a personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSE.
- A track record of delivery in an engineering leadership role.
- Detailed knowledge of drilling & completion design, engineering and planning is essential
- Experience with drilling operations and workovers including at the rig site.
- A proven ability to coach, train and mentor staff.
- Educated to at least first degree level in an engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of drilling contracts would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a remote / desert location in a multicultural environment is preferred.
- IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
Yes - up to 10%, there will be requirements to travel to Sunbury (office) approximately once a year and other partner/supplier meetings in China, Istanbul, Dubai or Amman on a regular basis.
- UK & Europe: Norway
- 7 Mar 2014
Job Title: OPERATIONAL GEOLOGIST DUTY IMSA HPHT EXPLORATION WELL
Roles and Responsibilities
· Coordinate all subsurface input during planning phase of Imsa well
o Take part in all planning and risk assessments prior to Operations
o QA/QC of pre-drill pore pressure model
o Coordinate planning and execution of formation evaluation programme; MWD/LWDIWL/Coring programmes/Micropaleontology/Stratigraphy
· Coordinating all subsurface activity during Imsa operations reporting to the Drilling Superintendent including but not limited too:
o Briefing of offshore geologists
o Daily QA/QC of offshore reporting
o Daily onshore reporting internally and too partners
o Coordinating daily activity with subsurface team when needed
o QA/QC of daily pore pressure reporting and updating of pore pressure model Casing point determination (HPHT)
· Follow up and report as needed for Imsa operation
· Attend planning and risk assessment meetings prior to operations
· Attend rig calls
· Coordinate with onshore / offshore team
· Liaise and communicate with service providers as required
· Liaise and communicate with Wintershall internally as required
Education Requirements & Work Experience
· 10 years NCS offshore experience
· 5 years HPHT experience
Personal Qualities & Preferred Skills
· Creative, open, responsible and entrepreneurial
· Committed to company HSE policy and principles
· Act responsible and in accordance with company HSE and quality requirements
Act in accordance with company ethical guidelines and code of conduct
- UK & Europe: Germany
- 7 Mar 2014
Embedded Software Engineer (Functional Safety) – Munich, Germany
Business Sector – Consultancy (Automotive)
My client is an international engineering consultancy with service offerings including product design, analysis, prototyping & testing and embedded system design. Due to current demand they are looking for a Lead Engineer to provide Embedded Software support on Automotive Hybrid Systems at their offices in Munich, Germany.
Working with a team of multi-skilled engineers you will provide engineering expertise through the full project lifecycle ensuring that projects are deliver on time, in budget and meet customer requirements and in line with ISO26262.
Demonstrable experience with the following systems/tools is also highly desirable:
Extensive experience utilising Matlab
Programming Experience using C
Utilisation of Requirement Tools such as DOORS
As you will be dealing with project teams in Munich and the UK it is essential you can speak English and German.
- UK & Europe: Germany
- 7 Mar 2014
Technical Consultant – Chemical – Permanent - Germany
Our client has recently signed a long term agreement with a worldwide chemicals manufacturer to provide engineering consultancy services across their manufacturing sites. Our client is now looking for a Technical Consultant to oversee this agreement.
The Technical Consultant will be responsible for:
- Communication interface with the site personnel (single point of contact) – operations as well as engineering
- Develop technical input to proposal preparation
- Supervision of project execution
- Preparation of work packages for transfer
- Executing and expediting the review and acceptance of design work by the site personnel
- Management of colleagues seconded to the site
In order to be successful for the role the Technical Consultant will be / have:
- Project engineering experience
- Background in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in the chemical industry
- Fluent in German and English – speaking and writing
If you feel you would be suitable for the Technical Consultant position then please apply now.
- UK & Europe: United Kingdom
- 7 Mar 2014
Our client, a leading mechanical handling & lifting specialist company, are currently looking for a Technical Coordinator for a permanent role based in Aberdeen.
Fixed lifting equipment administration:o Arrange mobilisations of 3rd party fixed lifting examinerso Liaise with Operations department to mobilise personnelo Liaise with planning / logistics department to confirm flight, travel details etc.o Liaise with subcontractors to mobilise personnelo Responsible for creation and upkeep of fixed lifting equipment inventory listso Responsible for creation and upkeep of lifting equipment certification fileso Collating of fixed lifting equipment reportso Responsible for updating Maximo work orders and for creating new correctivework orders as requiredo Responsible for reporting of work orders against tag numbers within Maximoo Prepare purchase requisitions relating to above functionso Prepare mobilisation form relating to the above functionso Any other developing issues regarding fixed lifting scope
Rigging Co-ordinator duties:o Act as rigging coordinator for dedicated contract assets as directed by contract organogramo Engage with client and contract engineering resource in managing rigging requests from proposal stageto delivery offshore in line with SIMS processo Manage finance and tracking of loose lifting (rigging) equipment utilising SIMS process and companyinternal or key suppliers tracking data baseso Review and preparation of invoicing for all loose lifting (rigging) equipment associated with dedicatedcontract assetso Process of materials requests from client and offshore locations in accordance with client's materialsmanagement processo Computerised logging of purchased material datao Periodic reports on materials consumption and costs per contract and locationo Co-ordinate and undertake stock verification checkso Liaise with Contract Support Engineers to manage client and company stores stock related to eachcontracto Preparation of material supply and refurbishment quotationso Obtaining specifications, raising purchase requisitions electronically and interfacing with the Supply Chaindepartment to carry out demand planning and delivery requirementso Interaction with client Maintenance Management Systems (e.g. MAXIMO/SAP)o Dispatch and re-ordering of Client and company stores stocko Liaise with stores supervisor to ensure correct materials information is entered into electronic financialmanagement systemo Photocopying as required by Project Engineerso Upkeep of rigging/rigging loft files and cabinetso Archiving of rigging/rigging loft files as requiredo Any additional Maximo activities as required by the departmento It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with, and follows the Company's Health, Safety, Environmentand Quality Management System and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of theManagement Systemso The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products,services or systems according to the Management System processes/procedures.o The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health , safety and/or environmentallegislation to follow allo The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for anypersons visiting them while on the Company premises.
The ideal candidate should:o Have previous experience in mechanical handling specifically so with regard to rigging and rigging loftso Have a reasonable level of technical knowledge and be looking to build on this in developing a career inrigging managemento Be able to work under own initiative, prioritising and managing workload to meet deadlineo Be proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excelo Experience with MAXIMO/SAP would be beneficialo Be able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- United Kingdom: Cleveland
- 7 Mar 2014
Paying up to £50,000 pa dep on experience
My client, a petrochemical company in the North East, are hiring a Mechanical Engineer on a permanent basis.
You will be required to provide mechanical engineering expertise to the Maintenance & Operations teams
- Reliability improvement
- Integrity management
- Management of change
- Projects support
- Maintenance support
You will be required to lead budget-setting for mechanical aspects of improvements programme, plus major asset inspection and refurbishment projects.
Candidates should have experience of engineering and maintenance activities on a COMAH registered plant. You must be familiar with a range of assers including:
- Storage tanks
- Process vessels
- Distillation columns
- Rotating equipment
An awareness of procedures covering for management of change and pressure sytstems integrity would be an advantage.
Ideally, candidates will have, or be working towards Chartered engineer status
- United Kingdom: Cleveland
- 7 Mar 2014
Technical Operator (Electrical)
Paying £36500 pa
Job purpose and objectives:
To ensure that tasks of an operational nature are carried out safely and efficiently.
Monitor and control various product transfers.
Competent, safe and accurate completion of all allocated tasks is required to maintain the quality performance of the company.
To perform tasks allocated by the shift supervisor.
To provide front line fault diagnostics of on site electrical equipment
To assist the maintenance department in electrical/control system related breakdown repairs
To assist the maintenance department in the completion of maintenance routine activities
Ensure the UK policy and procedure on site security is adhered to.
Responsibilities & functions:
To ensure that the safety and environmental standards set out in the safety regulations and operating manuals are complied with at all times.
To monitor movements between sites/shipping with particular attention to environmental protection.
To calculate figures and produce documentation for shipping movements.
To carry out all operational dutiesto meet business and safety requirements including road tanker operations and tank/ship transfer operations, cleaning operations, Blending.
To instigate emergency response and provide backup.
Maintaining correct paperwork and taking corrective actions where necessary.
On site housekeeping.
Resume normal site operator functions if the shift supervisor deems necessary.
Any other tasks that may arise in the day to day functionality of this position
To perform maintenance tasks as instructed by the Maintenance Electrical Supervisor
The safe, timely and correct completion of all maintenance routines and associated paperwork allocated to the position
Roles and Responsibilities specifically relating to transfer and storage of high hazard products
Assist the shift supervisor in the development of an open safety culture.
Ensure all safety operating procedures are followed and all equipment is used as instructed.
To ensure that operational tasks are effectively resourced and managed.
To ensure all equipment used within hazardous areas is suitable
Other responsibilities as outlined in Health & Safety section below.
Health and safety responsibilities:
Assist the shift supervisor in the safe operation of the terminal during periods of shift duty.
Assist the Maintenance supervisor in the safe completion of all tasks
Bring any accidents, incidents, near misses or equipment defects to the attention of the shift supervisor/operations manager using agreed formal and informal reporting systems
Understand the content of the emergency plan and fulfill any roles and responsibilities as described in that plan.
Understand the content of the emergency plan and implement this if necessary
NVQ level 2 bulk liquid warehouse
Good level of communication skills
Good general level of education
Experience in oil & chemical industry
Health & safety qualification i:e IOSH
NVQ level 2 Assisting maintenance activities
Portable Appliance Testing certification
Electrical for the non electrical person