Find a Job
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- United Kingdom: Durham
- 16 Apr 2014
Based North East
Paying IRO £57000 pa + benefits
The contract specialist serves as a procurement business partner, capturing requirements and new opportunities from the various business areas. This role requires intensive co-operation with the internal customers and the colleagues in the category team to identify, source and implement suppliers/contracts which meet the needs of the organization. The goal of this role is to achieve lowest total cost of ownership and improved customer satisfaction.
In this role you are responsible for implementing contracts for multiple category teams (Facility Services & IT and Professional Services. Depending on the number of running projects approximately 25% of the job could also require support to the Technical Goods and Services Category Teams), acting as the primary interface between the customers, operational site procurement and category teams.
o Contribute to the category sourcing strategy and support driving continuous improvement
o On site focal point for the rollout and implementation of category plans that create significant Value for the business
o Identify and actively drive opportunities to optimize value creationo Renegotiate existing contracts in line with the category strategy and source new solutions in selected subcategories
o Support the value creation for the site (and allocated smaller sites)
o Responsible for the preparation, communication, training and implementation of regional contracts.
o Responsible for the compliance of contracts to internal and external policies and regulations
o Identify leverage opportunities across the site and participate in regional and cross functional teams
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree in Engineering, Bachelor, Msc , Business , Supply chain or Operations management
- Specific education in Procurement (i.e. EIPM program or alike)
- Several years of experience in Procurement or Supply chain management in a petrochemicals or industrial environment
- Excellent business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong change management skills
- Fluently English
- Project management skills
- Building partnerships
- Strategic decision making
- North America: United States
- 16 Apr 2014
NES Global Talent is a global, staffing solutions organization that provides technical and engineering experts to the Oil and Gas industry. Due to recent project successes, one of our top operator clients is currently looking to add a Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer to their dynamic, and world leading team!
This candidate would become a key member of a multi-discipline team, adding value through facilitating activities throughout a range of medium to complex sized projects. Additionally, the Principal Engineer will be responsible for a group of Mechanical Engineers and Designers as well as the assignment and review of work.
Key responsibilities within this role will be:
The preparation and review of discipline project specifications, equipment purchasing requisitions, and technical bid evaluations. The Principal Engineer will also be responsible for reviewing piping and instrument diagrams, equipment reviews, and engineering and design reports, logs, and variances..
This is an excellent opportunity to gain an autonomous role within a worldwide pipeline engineering firm. In order to be successful in the role you would be expected to hold a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering supported by pipeline facility experience of at least 15 years. If you are looking for an opportunity with exposure to leaders, and roles of increasing responsibility; you are encouraged to apply.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 16 Apr 2014
I ‘m currently recruiting on behalf of one of the leading Oil and Gas organizations within the Country, who are looking to hire a Learning and Development Training Supervisor to be based in their state of the art Doha facilities.
This role will focus on planning, designing and supervision on the in-house non-technical training programs – therefore Interested candidates do not have to have experience of the Oil and Gas industry, my client are basing this appointment on the strongest Candidate as long as they have a desire to work in the sector and are interested in relocating to Qatar.
The main function of the position holder will be to close the competence and performance gaps and assist in meeting the annual business needs. This position will report to the head of Training and Education.
The position requires applicants with strong initiative, commitment and interpersonal skills to plan, supervise and coordinate the delivery of non-technical customized training programs. It will also require strong facilitation skills to enable the design and delivery of such programs to address the various training needs within the Organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or Training
- Ideally 6+ years in HR function
- 5 years + exposure to Learning and Development
- Strong written and spoken English
- Strong Interpersonal
- Canada: Alberta
- 16 Apr 2014
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a major Oil and Gas Operator has an opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer - Utilities on a contract basis in Calgary on a long term basis.
Working closely with the EPC in regard to the design and FEED / detailed design stage of the project life cycle.
Support contracting process for SCM Contracting Services in contractor qualification, SOW development, bidder’s list and bid evaluation.
Mentoring Project Engineers with day to day duties.
Ensure that EPC work is being monitored and deadlines are hit in regards to scope of work.
Ensuring that work is completed within the allocated budget.
Major capital project international construction experience.
Previous Utilities and Steam Generation Facility design experience.
Twelve plus (12+) years of Projects and Construction with some working knowledge of Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the world`s leading Oil and Gas Companies who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions.
- UK & Europe: United Kingdom
- 16 Apr 2014
Senior Process Engineer
Fixed Term Assignment
Responsible for identifying, designing and implement plant modifications to deliver improvements in SHE, quality, plant availability and cost.
Take part in, HAZOP studies, Relief and Blowdown studies, area classification reviews, risk assessment reviews, process safety reviews, control philosophy reviews etc and provide professional input for the Process Engineering perspective.
Support the design, installation and commissioning processes to ensure capital projects, both major and minor, meet their SHE, quality, schedule and cost targets.
Support the integration of new projects into the existing Victrex SHE and Engineering systems to ensure smooth handover to the plant Operations team.
Assist with the updating and implementation of existing plant and corporate Engineering standards and systems.
Provide comprehensive training of plant engineering, production and maintenance personnel to ensure a thorough knowledge of equipment installed to fulfil the project brief.
Provide out of hours support to the plant, if required for Process Engineering issues.
- North America: United States
- 16 Apr 2014
This truly global Oil and Gas company in Houston, are currently looking for a Accounting to join their team. Initially, the role will be Houston based, then the company require the sucessful individual to work in Angola, Africa to provide crucial integration and stability between the two countries.
This role is will be heavily involved in the day to day function as well as having hands on approach to all month end, year-end activities.
This role will oversee and manage both the A/P and A/R functions.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company and to be involved in forecasting, JV's and strategic planning.
The role and responsibilities include:
· Oversight and coordination of the accounts payable functions.
· Supervision and coordinate the fixed asset accounting and capital expenditure forecasts.
· Supervision of accounts receivables, collections and cash forecasting.
· Supervise timely general ledger accounts reconciliation.
· Monthly reconciliation IFRS to local GAAP to ensure intra-company billings are done timely and in compliance with agreements and local requirements monthly
· Funding and accounting for joint ventures
· Hands on involvement in the monthly, quarterly, yearly close process.
· Involvement in the forecasting of equity income and contribution.
· Ad hoc process improvement initiatives.
- United States: Texas
- 16 Apr 2014
NES Global Talent is a global, staffing solutions organization that provides technical and engineering experts to the Oil and Gas industry. Due to recent project successes, one of our top clients is currently looking to add an HSE Coordinator to their dynamic, and growing team!
This candidate would become a key member of a multi-discipline team, adding value through continuous improvement by way of audits and review of their corporate management system as well as construction and drilling sites. Additionally, the HSE Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring HSE requirements are met in regards to contractual and client agreements.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain an autonomous role within growing, and well established organization. In order to be successful in the role you would be expected to possess 7-10 years of diverse experience (i.e. pipeline, drilling, fabrication, construction) . Additionally, this person should have great interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and productively in a team environment. If you are looking for an opportunity with exposure to leaders, major capital projects, and roles of increasing responsibility; you are encouraged to apply.
- United Kingdom: Aberdeenshire
- 16 Apr 2014
Our client, a large Operator Oil and Gas company, are seeking a Safety Engineer to join them on a contract basis at their office in Altens, Aberdeen. The contract will be until the year end but there is a possibility of further extensions.
The increasing complexity of Safety Engineering and SHE requirements and the associated regulatory framework requires a highly organised and technically competent Safety Engineering professional to support project activities. The main challenge to the project teams is to ensure that project activities are carried out according to relevant legislation, Company standards and procedures and that the risk of major accidents is either tolerable or ALARP. The identification and adoption of best practices in safety engineering and project execution is an important objective of the role, as is the development of strong and positive relationships with Project Manager, team members and contractor representatives and the Health & Safety Executive.
- Co-ordinate and control all Safety Engineering and SHE activities within Projects Department and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with Company standards, procedures and statutory requirements
- Maintain highly effective communication links with Project Team members, other Company contacts, key contractor representatives and the Health & Safety Executive
- Assist the Projects Manager and individual Project Managers in the control of projects from a Safety Engineering and SHE perspective
- Ensuring appropriate standards, referential or existing philosophies are applied to brown field modifications or projects on existing installations
- Preparing Derogations where referential will not be met
- Acting as client UK review authority for safety design documents
- Ensuring engineering contractor identifies impact of modifications on Safety Cases
- Acting as interface between project and Safety Engineering Function who coordinate Safety Case revisions
- Reviewing Engineering Contractor’s revised text for inclusion in Safety Cases
- QRA & Safety Analyses – preparing scopes of work and overseeing specialist contractors
- Chairing and attending HAZOPs, HAZIDs, HIRAs and risk assessments
- Consulting Environmental Personnel in SHE Group when environmental issues are identified on projects
- Provide HSE input to Projects Weekly and Monthly Reports
- Act as SHE Department correspondent for Projects
Engineering degree in a relevant discipline and, preferably, a higher degree in risk assessment
Appropriate post qualification experience in Safety Engineering within Oil & Gas Industry
Knowledge of process safety
Knowledge of QRA
Experience of Safety Case preparation
Familiar with relevant legislation, National and International Codes & Standards as well as TEP referential
Member of a Professional Body
- United Kingdom: Wiltshire
- 16 Apr 2014
Tool Design Engineer - Automotive/Automation
Location - Wiltshire
The company is a specialist in the design, build and installation of Body in White Automation for the Automotive Industry. They are currently looking to expand their existing team with a Tooling Design Engineer specifically focusing on Press Tools
Tool spec creation for differing press lines.
Press tool design / modification.
An understanding of 3D surface modelling
Die pattern and casting checks.
Part inspections and quality confirmations.
Project control of specific items via schedules, cost tracking, and manpower allocations.
Line try out quality support.
Supplier support, development and control.
Production emergency support / problem countermeasure.
CAM data production.
In return for your services you will receive a competitive salary and excellent range of benefits including contributory pension, health care & 25 days holiday.
- United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi
- 16 Apr 2014
Job Title: Project controls Engineer
Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Project controls manager:
· Responsible for getting Level 1 & 2 schedule prepared during bidding stage and Level 3 & 4 after award of contract
· Should be able to handle with clients, subcontractors, other consultants, contractual matters Cost/budget and time control
· Should have hands-on experience in planning, procuring activities, budget forecasting knowledge and ensuring the project completion in Scheduled time.
· knowledge of latest versions of planning packages such a Primavera, CPM, Management Reporting System, Schedules, target for execution system, resources planning, preparing "S" curves, Histograms and manpower planning, forecast Vs actual cost/budget.
· Experience in the field of planning high value projects
· Must be a qualified engineer with 'Hands on' experience on project controls
· Must be having more than 12 years of experience of industry experience, for major,complex,oil,Gas and petrochemical projects
· Having experience in an offshore is an added experience.