Find a Job
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi
- 9 Mar 2014
· Aged 35-50.
· B.Sc. degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
· Minimum 15 years experience in oil and gas companies, including ten (10) years of outstanding project management experience for major oil/gas projects.
· Computer literate, fully proficient in Excel, MS Project, Power Point, etc.
· Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 9 Mar 2014
For the above scope, the main tasks are to:
Receive requests or technical scope from requesting entities and make sure requests are suitable to proceed to RFQ/CFT,
Prepare contractual strategy
Prepare and launch call for tender or request for quotation,
Evaluate offers, along with requesting technical entities,
Conduct commercial negotiations,
Issue internal and external recommendations to award,
Establish corresponding contractual document (contracts, purchase order, call off order, etc),
Use systematically Contiki and SAP information system, for all C&P processes.
To verify that company contractual policies and applicable laws and regulations are adhered to, especially related to ethic and transparency
Contribute to the organization of required internal committee document and external Committee documents.
Propose and work on any contracts optimization initiative (working methods, procedures updates).
Purchase of goods and services though a transparent process agreed by joint JV owners.
Compliance with requester expectations in terms of price, delivery time, quality, etc.
Qualifications / experience required
Education: Business school degree or Engineer Graduate. Knowledge of law and oil and gas industry is an asset.
Professional experience: minimum of 5 years in C&P activities for Oil&Gas Industry.
Technical competencies: Familiar with the typical contractual wording. Familiarized with equipment & services of the oil industry. Experienced computer user.
Behavioral competencies: Well organized and very accurate. Ability to manage different dossiers at the same time.
Other competencies: Must be fluent in English, knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 9 Mar 2014
PROJECT PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR
Qualification: Post graduate from an internationally recognized University.
Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in the Oil and Gas Downstream Industry with an international consultancy company, EPIC contractor in major projects procurement coordination is essential, of which a minimum of 5 years as Procurement/Material Coordinator/Senior Buyer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Fully responsible and accountable for implementing companies purchasing policy and ensuring that equipment/material to be procured for the Project meet the project specifications and corporate design philosophies, policies and standards as per Project Schedule requirements without compromising the performance, quality and integrity requirements of the Project. The equipment and material are manufactured and delivered to site upholding the highest safety practices in the industry.
Reviews contractors purchasing, expediting, inspection and shipping procedures to ensure they meet project needs. Reviews procurement content of sub-contracts and participates in preparation as required.
Review Contractors Vendors List, recommends/approves amendments where necessary and secures Project Manager (PM) approval of definitive list.
Reviews RFQs/Bid Packages for commercial (And technical as applicable) completeness and ensures bidders selected conform to the project vendor list, obtains approval of PM for changes.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 9 Mar 2014
Great opportunity for a Sr. Process Engineer with minimum 15 years' experience in Oil and Gas & Petrochemical Industry for a leading oil and gas company based in Doha.
The job requires a minimum 15 years of relevant Oil and Gas Industry experience, especially the Refining Industry with an international consultancy organization, EPIC contractor or end user in the field of process design/engineering of infrastructure/Petroleum Refining Facilities /brownfield refining units, of which a minimum of 8 years as a Senior Process Engineer or similar position in Infrastructure/Down-stream projects with an Engineering Design Consultant or EPIC contractor.
You should possess a Degree in Chemical Engineering from an internationally recognized University. A Chartered Engineer status or membership with another Professional Institution is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be highly desirable.
Interested to work in Qatar for a tax free salary? Kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK & Europe: Norway
- 7 Mar 2014
Senior Production Engineer
Temporary position as Sr Production Engineer in the Production Operation department. The Sr Production
Engineer will provide technical expertise in production optimisation activities (well hydraulics, flow lines and
process facilities). He/she will ensure the company production performance analysis is executed according to
company standards. The job include support to both operated a nonoperated
Share production optimisation methods with operational entities.
Assist field operations in performing experience feedback towards the Technical Authority
Perform (or analyse results of) production network modelling for optimisation purpose.
Support the implementation of Integrated Operations with own expertise.
Provide input for corporate systems updates in order to prepare budget and forecasts.
Monitoring plants/facility regularity.
Controlling data gathering from wells and plants/facilities.
Follow operations (drilling, production, shut down …) in the purpose to prepare/update production forecasts.
Use software such as MIKON, Avocet and OFM/FPA for well data gathering and forecasts preparation.
Support preparation of shutdown plans.
Assist the Production Engineer embedded on the above topics.
Master Degree or equivalent – in Petroleum, Production or Process Engineering.
10 years of relevant experience.
Experience in field operations or in a production support team will be an advantage.
Extensive field experience may compensate for lack of MsC.
English, fluent. Norwegian is beneficial.
Taste for technical challenges
- UK & Europe: Norway
- 7 Mar 2014
We are committed to maximising the exploration and production potential in Europe E&P. We have integrated our Norge and UK Upstream assets to better support a future of growth and investment in the area. This will deliver a more sustainable future and robust business proposition for Europe E&P, as well as enhanced development opportunities for individuals across the combined teams. With a joint portfolio producing over 100 kboe/ day, our goal is to continue building a truly excellent Exploration and Production business in Europe E&P.
Geologist in the Norway Exploration Team. The Geologist will be part of an integrated team involved in pre-licence New Ventures activity; evaluating plays, generating prospects and growing the business in the Barents Sea, whilst adhering to all BG Subsurface Policies and Standards.
- Delivers well scoped and pre-defined geological elements of NV Exploration projects with particular focus on the Barents Sea.
· Adheres to appropriate Subsurface Policies and Standards.
· Applies geological expertise and professional judgment in delivering assigned projects and presents completed analysis and recommendations at Peer Reviews, Peer Assists and Functional Reviews as part of the Group Value Assurance Framework.
· Active participation as peer reviewer for other projects and engagement with the wider subsurface community in promoting knowledge sharing
· Ensures all geological uncertainties and risks are incorporated into forward exploration and appraisal plans, and are included in all estimates of reserves.
· Ensures all of their own evaluations are documented and related geological data (both petrotechnical and physical) is handled in accordance with BG's Data Management Standards.
· Support participation in Norway Exploration Licencing rounds.
· Actively participate in NPD and MPE meetings as required.
· Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountability for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
· Regional understanding of Barents Sea and associated prospective plays is critical.
· Experienced user of geological interpretations systems (Petrel essential, GeoX, ArcGIS, ODM etc).
· Requires experience of clastic and carbonate plays, with exposure to regional and new venture evaluations, prospect generation and evaluation, well operations planning and delivery.
· Experience of the Norwegian licencing rounds application process and preparation of documentation for submission is required.
· Previous asset-based geologist experience is essential.
· Excellent presentation skills and clear and convincing report writing ability. Willing to present technical presentations to peer groups internally and externally.
· Proven skills in time and project management.
Must be effective operating in a team structure and capable of progressing own work flows to achieve delivery deadlines.
- UK & Europe: France
- 7 Mar 2014
FLOW ASSURANCE ENGINEER
The Service holder participates, under Flow Assurance Leader's supervision, in the definition and implementation of all
Flow Assurance (FA) studies required throughout the project. The objective of these studies is to ensure an effective
delivery of hydrocarbons from the wells to the FPSO under the range of operating conditions required throughout the
The Service holder will then participate in the identification, the definition of scope of work, the implementation, followup
and control of Flow Assurance (FA) studies, the analysis of their results, the issue/validation of recommendations for
the design of facilities and the control of design (Basic Engineering / Detailed Engineering) performed by Contractors,
in compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures, company General Specifications, discipline requirements and
international codes, with the objective to reduce costs without impacting the schedule or the required level of quality
The Service holder will also interface with other elements of the project on all engineering and constructability matters.
The Service holder reports to the Flow Assurance Leader.
The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSE rules &
requirements and for implementing HSE rules within his area of responsibility.
The Project is a deep offshore (1,400 to 1,900 m depth) development located West Africa, Offshore Angola
intended to produce Oil and Gas from medium size dispersed (23 x 41 km) reservoirs (Oligocene and Miocene - 6
The Project will be developed with high HSSE requirements and focus and the Angolan content of the work
will be a key factor to its success.
This project is developed by the Operator within the frame of the Angolan Block 32 Production
Sharing Agreement (PSA) signed other another large operator the Block 32 Joint Operating Agreement (JOA).
The Development Scheme is based upon two FPSO units (converted VLCCs; 2 x 100,000 bopd; about 2 Mbbl storage
per FPSO) with production, water injection and gas export flowlines, risers and umbilicals (6 x subsea hybrid production
loops (10 '' and 12'' insulated production lines looped with non insulated lines) i.e. 80 km of Pipe-in-Pipe and 78 km of
service line). The produced gas (2 x 3.0 Mm3/d) is exported to AnLNG via the GEP network. 64 subsea wells are
planned (35 to FPSO North (GGC), 29 to FPSO South (CLM) - 35 producers, 29 water injections connected to 19
FID (Sanction) is planned end 1st quarter 2013, for a First Oil planned 2nd quarter 2016 for FPSO 1 and 1st quarter
2017 for FPSO 2.
In term of CAPEX, the project will be one of the most important projects operated by the company.
The technical challenges the project will face are the flow assurance and the reservoirs development and management,
the design one & built two conversion turret-moored FPSO's (a first) and subsea production/injection system definition.
OTHER OBSERVATIONS ON THE SPECIFICITIES OF THE SERVICE
Communication - ability to function as part of a dispersed Project Team to maintain clear understanding to design
issues, progress and objectives.
Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with a multi-disciplined/multi-cultural tea
- Middle East: Iraq
- 7 Mar 2014
Drilling Engineering Manager
Drilling & Completions
Basra (28/28 Rotation)
The Drilling Engineering Manager reports to the Drilling Operations Manager, with a functional reporting line to the Iraq Well Engineering Manager. Reporting to the Drilling Engineering Manager are the drilling engineering team leaders (including the planning and programming team leader). The role will be responsible for drilling engineering, standardization, well integrity, quality assurance, benchmarking, engineering performance management and engineering career development. The role will be responsible for the engineering of drilling solutions on a well by well basis to ensure well delivery is optimised for the well specifics.
This person will lead by example in the ongoing training and development of Iraqi National engineers and will show a strong commitment to HSSE, including regular Site Leadership visits to the field.
A strong working relationship with RST, the ROO Subsurface Team, the other Wells Teams and PSCM is essential. The role is DEM is the technical focal point for ROO input into ongoing drilling contracting work.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Delivery of safe and environmentally sound drilling engineering solutions on time and within budget.
- Monitor and coach staff & contractors in an international safety culture and expectations, with a strong emphasis on Iraqi Nationals..
- Manage and develop the drilling engineering organisation
- Work with subsurface team to ensure delivery of new well designs and programmes to meet production targets. Oversee full integration between RST, sub-surface and Wells teams during the planning process and operational phase.
- Assurance of the technical integrity of the operations and compliance with company Standards.
- Administration of contracts to deliver drilling operations and identification of future contract requirements. Provide a technical focal point for input into contract requirements.
- The identification and application of value enhancing, innovative and new technologies
- Company point of contact for drilling engineering activities
- Responsible for technical integrity and assurance of well designs and technical risk assessment, management, contingency planning and mitigation.
- Coordination and maintenance of the elements of the Well Delivery Process.
- Specification and standardisation of installed well equipment (OCTG, wellhead, trees, etc)
- Ensure alignment with company Standards, integration of learnings, best practice and benchmarking data.
- Review of drilling programmes and recommendations for improvement and optimisation.
- Coordination of in house technical support and external drilling technical support
- Participation in rig / well site and service base audits for conformity to company Standards.
Criteria & qualifications
- Proven track record as a strong team player and ability to lead a team with a personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSE.
- A track record of delivery in an engineering leadership role.
- Detailed knowledge of drilling & completion design, engineering and planning is essential
- Experience with drilling operations and workovers including at the rig site.
- A proven ability to coach, train and mentor staff.
- Educated to at least first degree level in an engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of drilling contracts would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a remote / desert location in a multicultural environment is preferred.
- IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
Yes - up to 10%, there will be requirements to travel to Sunbury (office) approximately once a year and other partner/supplier meetings in China, Istanbul, Dubai or Amman on a regular basis.
- UK & Europe: Norway
- 7 Mar 2014
Job Title: OPERATIONAL GEOLOGIST DUTY IMSA HPHT EXPLORATION WELL
Roles and Responsibilities
· Coordinate all subsurface input during planning phase of Imsa well
o Take part in all planning and risk assessments prior to Operations
o QA/QC of pre-drill pore pressure model
o Coordinate planning and execution of formation evaluation programme; MWD/LWDIWL/Coring programmes/Micropaleontology/Stratigraphy
· Coordinating all subsurface activity during Imsa operations reporting to the Drilling Superintendent including but not limited too:
o Briefing of offshore geologists
o Daily QA/QC of offshore reporting
o Daily onshore reporting internally and too partners
o Coordinating daily activity with subsurface team when needed
o QA/QC of daily pore pressure reporting and updating of pore pressure model Casing point determination (HPHT)
· Follow up and report as needed for Imsa operation
· Attend planning and risk assessment meetings prior to operations
· Attend rig calls
· Coordinate with onshore / offshore team
· Liaise and communicate with service providers as required
· Liaise and communicate with Wintershall internally as required
Education Requirements & Work Experience
· 10 years NCS offshore experience
· 5 years HPHT experience
Personal Qualities & Preferred Skills
· Creative, open, responsible and entrepreneurial
· Committed to company HSE policy and principles
· Act responsible and in accordance with company HSE and quality requirements
Act in accordance with company ethical guidelines and code of conduct
- UK & Europe: Germany
- 7 Mar 2014
Embedded Software Engineer (Functional Safety) – Munich, Germany
Business Sector – Consultancy (Automotive)
My client is an international engineering consultancy with service offerings including product design, analysis, prototyping & testing and embedded system design. Due to current demand they are looking for a Lead Engineer to provide Embedded Software support on Automotive Hybrid Systems at their offices in Munich, Germany.
Working with a team of multi-skilled engineers you will provide engineering expertise through the full project lifecycle ensuring that projects are deliver on time, in budget and meet customer requirements and in line with ISO26262.
Demonstrable experience with the following systems/tools is also highly desirable:
Extensive experience utilising Matlab
Programming Experience using C
Utilisation of Requirement Tools such as DOORS
As you will be dealing with project teams in Munich and the UK it is essential you can speak English and German.