Find a Job
Location: UK & Europe: Netherlands
City / Town: Rotterdam
Posted: 25 Aug 2016
(Senior) Cost Estimator – Contract position – Top Employer!
Together with a large, international company active in the field of refinery and chemicals, we are looking for a Cost Estimator.
In this function you are able to make judgment on whether cost estimates made by contracted companies are complying to the contract. You will be primarily responsible for the Mechanical portfolio and the contractors are delivering on-site maintenance to the plants.
As a Cost Estimator you have to make independently realistic cost calculation and / or evaluation of quotations of contractors for maintenance, turnarounds and projects.
On top of that the Cost Estimator will contribute to the decrease of total costs by initiate improvements to the level of scoping, improvements of the basics of cost estimating by the stakeholders and improvements of the processes of the work in general.
You will be part of a team with around 6 (Senior) Cost Estimators and their overall responsibility is to fulfill this function on behalf of refinery and chemical plants.
The establishment and effective operation of this team is seen as a key enabler for both sites to further improve cost performance and to deliver benefits.
Your main activities include:
- To make independent calculations of maintenance, turnarounds, projects and or construction activities
- Calculates norms and standards for primarily Mechanical disciplines used as input for the calculation of unit rates and other tariffs
- Create and maintain databases of Unit Rates with calculation tools
- Negotiations with contractors about quotations and unit rates
- Random tests of the process from scoping until payment
- Report cost savings and improvement actions
- Aiming at good and simple processes, controls, transparency in contracting out and generation of value improvements
In order to be able to qualify for this longer term contract you must speak fluent Dutch and English, have at least 5 years of experience in cost calculation in the field of Maintenance within Downstream Oil&Gas. In-depth up to date knowledge of Mechanical activities, preferably in the field of tank construction, scaffolding, insulation and/or painting are key for this position.
If you feel this contract position matches your what you are looking for and you have the right qualifications, then please don’t hesitate to contact me, Erik Schüssel, or upload your CV.
Location: United States: Missouri
City / Town: Kansas City
Posted: 24 Aug 2016
NES Global Talent is looking for a Designer/Drafter with P&ID walkdown experience and Microstation experience.
Rate: $35 an hour
Assignment Duration: 3-4 weeks
Location: Kansas City, MO
We are only looking for candidates authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for this particular position.
Location: United Kingdom: Hampshire
City / Town: Basingstoke
Posted: 22 Aug 2016
We are currently looking for an Electronics Engineer to join a multinational chemical company currently developing their engineering team in Basingstoke.
You will be an electronics engineer, with sufficient background in hardware development that you could design their own surface mount circuit boards both at the schematic and physical layout level and be able to build and test these. A background in physics would be useful, so that you will have a deeper understanding of the sensors linked to our wireless networks.
The new hire would contribute to:
- Supporting on firmware development for wireless intelligent nodes (WIN nodes), and for other microprocessor devices and sensors
- Programming purchased equipment, modifying it to suit the specialist requirements.
- Developing Firmware in packaged gas devices like FlowTrak flow sensor
- Documentation, both for development purposes and for the wider community
- Support to users across the world / updates going forward, for a sensor and sensor network programs in customer equipment: in burners, packaged gases, freezing tunnels and elsewhere.
Your primary task would be firmware and software, programming the common, basic functions of any microprocessor device, and programming the data handling and calculations that relate to sensors that we buy in, and to a lesser extent to the innovative sensors that are special like Thermostick (hundred-sensor thermal sensors) and molecular weight meters (Q sensors).
You will need to program in C and Visual C# and other languages as appropriate. You will also carry out testing of this firmware / software to a higher degree that we currently achieve, with the intention that there will be less field problems. You will also need to maintain documents to document development and testing, and to and maintenance of firmware developed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading companies in their field. There is excellent opportunity to develop your career either in the UK or abroad. This is a 12 month initial contract with a likely extension or permanent position in the future.
Location: United Kingdom: Greater Manchester
City / Town: Greater Manchester
Posted: 19 Aug 2016
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Days based Role)–Greater Manchester- £28-30k
An opportunity has arisen with a global chemical manufacturing business, for a mechanically biased maintenance technician to join their engineering team, based at their site in Greater Manchester.
As an experience engineer the successful candidate will take responsibility for all aspects of maintenance engineering in a corrosive chemical environment, including installations and refurbs as needed, while providing support to junior engineers on site.
The right people for this role will be a mechanically trained engineer, who can point to a background in repair and fault finding in a similar hazardous, process manufacturing environment, To be successful you should have completed a recognised apprenticeship and hold applicable qualifications (e.g. City & Guilds, NVQ 3, BTEC).
This is a standard day’s based position, which would suit a shift engineer keen to work friendlier working hours for a well-established business, with an extremely low staff turnover, with opportunities for progression once proven in the role.
- Spot potential issues
- Support improvement projects
- Planned maintenance is carried out effectively and downtime reduced
- Mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Fault finding / problem solving skills
- Higher qualifications in engineering
- Electrical skills
- Extra benefits
Manufacturing, production, valves, pumps, vessels, conveyors, planned maintenance, maintenance, electrical, mechanical, , process improvement, , shift engineer,
Location – Greater Manchester
Location: United States: Louisiana
City / Town: Baton Rouge
Posted: 18 Aug 2016
Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Location: Baton Rouge
Assignment Type: Long-term contract assignment
Rate: $75-$95 per hour
The candidate will collaboratively provide mechanical engineering technical support in the chemical manufacturing sites, and R&D facilities, occasionally including fabrication shops. The corporate level position drives strategic improvements at a plant site level. This assignment involves collaboration with capital project teams and EPC for FEL2 and FEL 3 support on mechanical equipment. Additional work may be assigned as needed for championing specific aspects of asset reliability improvement initiatives, troubleshooting and problem solving; including “hands-on” and structured root cause failure analyses, and the use of best practices such as LEAN methods, Reliability Centered Maintenance, FMEA, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, and other similar tools. Activities may also include specialized technical support for Corporate Specifications & Standards updates as needed.
There is potential for this contract position to transition into a permanent position as the business needs grow.
- Work in a safe manner and promote safety in all aspects of work responsibilities
- Collaborate with capital project team and EPC for FEL 2 and FEL 3 support of capital project work scopes as assigned, such as mechanical equipment specification reviews, inspection test plan reviews for fabricators, spare parts reviews, life cycle cost and FMEA reviews, and preventative maintenance programs to ensure asset reliability
- Provide reactive, predictive and preventive maintenance technical support
- Practice and drive root cause failure analysis collaboratively across the Corporation
- Identify and document cost reductions and service factor improvements, along with safety & environmental improvements
- Facilitate equipment modifications and root cause failure analyses with vendors & consultants
- Foster a reliability-centered approach and lowest lifespan cost mentality at our manufacturing sites and within capital projects
- Provide specialty mechanical design, stress analysis, vessel design, and design code compliance technical support as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varied priorities, and track all technical support projects with an historical filing system
- Continuous focus on learning and self-improvement, and stay abreast of new technologies that could benefit the Corporation
- 8 to 10+ years of maintenance and reliability engineering experience in the Chemical Process Industry or similar industry
- Root Cause Failure Analysis training and experience, along with asset reliability program best practices
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in a team environment to drive work scope to completion to meet asset reliability improvements, cost improvements, and OEE improvement targets and schedule
- Independent self-starter with results-oriented focus
- Proven ability in problem solving and multi-tasking
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel to sites, and related fabricator’s facilities – estimated travel up to 25%
- Familiarity with detailed aspects of fixed and rotating equipment design, operation, and maintenance, along with knowledge of associated industry codes and standards
- Familiarity with materials of construction typically used in the Chemical Process Industry
- Familiarity with rotating equipment aspects such as bearings, shafts, seals, vibration analysis, and lubrication
- Familiarity with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code (Section VII), ASME Piping Codes (B31.3), and API 579 Fitness for Service code
- Proficient in most common software packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Autodesk Inventor, and SAP
- Member of related professional organizations for mechanical engineering or asset reliability management, such as ASME or SMRP
BS in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university program or equivalent
Location: United States: North Carolina
City / Town: Kings Mountain
Posted: 24 Aug 2016
Project Engineer / Project Manager
Location: King’s Mountain, North Carolina
Assignment Duration: Long-term contract assignment
Rate: $60-$75 per hour
Benefits: BlueCross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Short-term/long-term disability, and life insurance.
Candidate must be highly motivated to manage and execute projects globally from concept through start-up with a cross functional team. Projects could be at various global locations with potential to expand into other regions around the world. The position is accountable for achieving safety, operability, schedule, and cost goals on assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in the chemical/petro-chemical industry with at least 3 years of project management experience, International experience a plus
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with various stakeholder groups
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies
- Experience leveraging outside services in completion of engineering, procurement, and construction services to complete projects both as a whole or in pieces
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents
- Ability to supervise multi-disciplined Teams
- Ability to drive collaboration across multiple sites
- Thorough knowledge of project controls and cost forecasting
- Ability to prepare and analyze critical path schedules
- Thorough understanding of engineering and construction productivity measurement
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and construction cost structure
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment
- Experience with front end definition scoring tools such as PDRI or FELx
- Understanding of gated and non-gated project delivery processes
- Basic understanding of constructability reviews and other value improving practices
- Keen focus on project change management
- Basic knowledge of construction labor planning
- Working knowledge of engineering design tools – 3D CAD, Caesar II, etc.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA/NFPA Plant layout requirements.
- Basic knowledge of materials management, procurement, receiving, warehousing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of engineering document control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills - Customer focused
- Up to 25% travel required
- Work with cross functional team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Maintain quality and timeliness of safety activities and deliverables throughout the project delivery process.
- Coordinate resource requirements with other ongoing project work and insure all stakeholder expectations are aligned.
- Lead project team generation and review of technical documents.
- Create or approve purchasing requisitions, bid tabulations, and single source justifications.
- Identify and manage scope changes through the project change order system.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and project documentation requirements.
- Lead construction planning and management activities.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting including weekly and monthly reports.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives for the corporate engineering department.
- Working knowledge of project industry best practices
- Experience with SAP Project Module and other basic SAP transactions a plus
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements and measurement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products such as Access, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with commercially available plant design products such as Autodesk’s AutoCAD, Integraph PDS, Bentley Microstation, etc.
Location: United States: Texas
City / Town: Houston
Posted: 23 Aug 2016
POSITION TITLE: Instrument & Electrical Reliability Lead
LOCATION: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, an operating company is looking to hire an I&E Reliability Lead on a direct hire basis located in Houston, TX.
- Responsible for the overall operating condition and reliability of Instrumentation & Electrical systems including the electrical distribution system to ensure continuous operation of all the site Units
- Leading a team of I&E Engineers and specialists
- Development of asset care strategies for instrument and electrical devices
- Directing the team that oversee major overhauls and repairs to major I&E Systems
- Ensuring that teams conduct root cause failure analysis investigations on failed equipment, develop action plan to eliminate repeat failures, and implement corrective actions
- Provide technical support to the Engineering Department on the selection of I&E equipment based on reliability improvements and industry best practices
- Establishing and maintaining the preventive and predictive maintenance program on electrical distribution equipment and assets
- B.S in Electrical Engineering
- 15-20 years in Chemical plant experience or similar industry
- Supervisory experience of I&E Engineers/Specialists/Technicians
Location: United States: Illinois
City / Town: Downers Grove
Posted: 19 Aug 2016
Our Client is a leading Chemicals Manufacturing Company with locations throughout the U.S. and it has an opportunity for a Revenue Accounting Manager. This position will be located on the West side of Chicago, IL. Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible to ensure accounting activity recorded within the company's records and books are accurate and complete. In addition, this role mentors and assists other accounting staff with technical and practical expertise, and assists the function/business management teams in financial analysis necessary for decision making.
Responsible to ensure Revenue accounting activity recorded within the company's books and records are accurate and complete. Monitor adherence to the company's accounting policy and to U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), including Revenue Recognition requirements. Ensure that internal management reporting of sales information is accurate and meaningful. Assist the function/ business management teams in financial analysis necessary for decision making. Be a key resource coaching cost accounting colleagues in technical and practical matters to assure efficient and effective day to day operations, in addition to selected hands on Revenue Accounting activities.
- Manage the Revenue accounting process
- Ensure the quality of internal management reporting
- Manage compliance with internal controls and SOX requirements
- Provide support to internal and external audits
- Mentor and advise other accounting staff
- Balance Sheet Account analysis and reconciliations
- Provide financial support to business and functional partners
- Good understanding of US GAAP requirements
- Demonstrated technical accounting ability through greater than ten years of directly applicable experience
- SME delivering quality results/solutions. Makes decisions with the mindset of a business owner.
- Must be accountable for decisions and actions
- Strong coaching and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of work processes, ERP system, and other accounting and planning computer applications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- CPA with Public Accounting experience (stronly preferred)
- Strong foundation in SAP/ECC accounting system and processes
- Ability to quickly learn the organizational structure and to collaborate with colleagues (functional and business)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting or closely related subject
Location: United Kingdom: Yorkshire
City / Town: West Yorkshire
Posted: 18 Aug 2016
NES Global Talent have upcoming work available for experienced, JIB approved, electricians for an industrial project in West Yorkshire.
We are looking for people with:
- At least 5 years’ experience on industrial sites such as chemical manufacturing, petrochemical, power plants or similar.
- Formal training qualifications along with JIB Card and CCNSG Safety Passport
- Ability to work to high standards and meet tight deadlines
We have 3 months work to start immediately.
Location: United States: Texas
City / Town: Freeport
Posted: 17 Aug 2016
Mechanical Integrity Engineer
NES Global Talent is looking for a Mechanical Integrity SME to work a long-term contract assignment in Freeport, TX
- Extensive knowledge of the internal mechanical integrity program (GMISS/GMIM) and applicable ASME and API codes, welding & repair techniques, and fabrication and inspection methods.
- Responsible for doing fitness for service calculations, flange torque calculations, and end of life calculations. Finite element and stress analysis is a plus.
- Make recommendations to the production plant teams based on equipment condition and their understanding of the mechanical integrity manual and code interpretations.
- Work with global counterparts to make modifications to the mechanical integrity manual.
- Interface with metallurgists, field inspectors, and other subject matter experts.
- Potential exists for expanding this role to include specific areas of expertise (i.e. – tower internals, relief sizing, pipe stress analysis, or other areas of interest).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of applicable ASME pressure vessel and piping codes
- Working knowledge of applicable API codes
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer