Find a Job
Location: United Kingdom: Cumbria
City / Town: Sellafield
Posted: 8 Feb 2017
Project Controls Manager
An international project controls manager is required to support an engineering project based at Sellafield. The Project Control Manager will take a lead in all project control activities that are structured around the Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as below::
- Contract set up and administration, benefit management and all reporting that is structured around the Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Baseline management.
- Progress monitoring and reporting.
- Development and maintenance of project schedules and resource forecasts throughout the project lifecycle.
- To ensure that programmes and workflow is compliant with the Company Planning Procedures.
- Maintain critical path diagrams all projects plans including communication of plant to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop detailed staging plans to demonstrate to contractors and key stakeholders detailed work phase and areas of adjacent work.
- Develop and maintain high level project plans, ensuring that necessary adjustments are made based on flow of information from key stakeholders to ensure delivery of the Project Manager Schedule / Construction Management Plan, including the identification of emerging issues and the recommended corrective action plans.
- Undertake regular risk reviews with key stakeholders and report escalation or closure of key risks.
- Lead the production and communication of project progress reports including deliverables (i.e.: Earned Value, overall project schedules, S-curves, Actual vs Plan, short term look ahead, project actions and critical issues identification).
- Lead the management of data transfer between Cost Control and Planning systems.
Develop and maintain project resource profiles, including the monitoring of cost currency and time resource profiles.
- Monitor subcontractor works output against agreed work package trackers, challenge inefficiency and recommend improved targets based on historical performance.
- Provide early warning of slippage (or improvement) against agreed performance metrics and key project deliverables.
- Previous Experience in a Projects Controls Manager (PCM) role, leading aspects such as Planning, EVM, Costs, Change and Risk.
- Track record of delivering in on a similar scale size i.e. Multi Million Pound projects.
- EPC Experience – Engineer, Procurement, Construct.
- Leadership, Influencing and Stakeholder Management ability.
- Experience of highly regulated, complex projects in a relevant industry – Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Water, Petro-Chemical etc.
- Strong understanding of Primavera planning tools (P6).
- Major Construction projects might be suitable, but they need to have experience of installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Strong sector experience.
- Experience of project controls management of projects under NEC forms of contract.
- Supervisory/managerial experience in project controls environment.
- Experience in project performance analysis and reporting variance analyses SV/CV, trend analysis, and change control management in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Responsible for monthly reporting to senior management team.
EVM (Earned Value Management)
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Location: UK & Europe: United Kingdom
City / Town: Sellafield
Posted: 2 Feb 2017
Document Controller – Sellafield
A leading EPC contractor requires a document controller to be based at Sellafield on a long term project.
- Responsible for the execution of primary and complex protocols and procedures of the project document control system.
- Running of elementary tasks from the day-to-day document control workload.
- Execute document control protocols and procedures in functional work areas as assigned by the Lead Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Process incoming and outgoing documents including receipt, classification, registry, distribution, archiving, storage and retrieval.
- Develop knowledge and understand project management principles, quality systems, quality plan and working procedures.
- Implement elements of project management and quality within the scope of the project document control department.
- Attend to control and check points allowing for continuous monitoring of procedure implementation.
- Participate in the development and implementation of project document control procedures under the supervision of the Lead Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Front-line enforcement of approved document control procedures across the project organisation and interface with other project participants and team members.
- Identify specific instances of non-conformances and report details to supervisor for onward resolution.
- Continuously identify opportunities of enhancements in the document control process.
- Prepare document status reports as directed by supervisor.
- Provide assistance in the training programme on project document control systems and skills transfer.
- Develop and maintain open communications and positive working relationships with project participants and team members providing advice and support when required.
- Rapidly adjust and contribute into a project environment where there is minimal input and organisational structures are not fully developed.
- Strengthen the document control team by enhancing the skills of junior staff via close on-the-job training.
- Apply a proactive approach in a fast paced, constantly changing and expanding environment.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across a diverse global business.
- Good command of English language, Written and Oral.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the control of project documents or correspondence on large and complex projects.
- Proven experience in document control procedures and protocols.
- Experience in carrying out procedure implementation on projects.
- Working knowledge of project interfaces with regards to disciplines and systems.
- Previous experience in Engineering, Construction or Resource Industries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience with direct interaction between Client Team Members and Project Team Members.
- Able to perform under minimal supervision via written procedures and work instructions.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and willing to travel where required for training and other purposes.
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- Exposure to electronic data management systems (EDMS) or project collaboration tools
- Working knowledge in the preparation of document control forms and templates
- Able to develop training skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001.
Location: United Kingdom: Cumbria
City / Town: Sellafield
Posted: 1 Feb 2017
An international EPC requires a planning engineer to work on construction programmes based at Sellafield.
- Manage the programmes of several subcontractors
- Monitor contractor, vendor and sub-contractor schedules to ensure that the project has a realistic and achievable construction schedule.
- Populate the programme, scheduling, resourcing and reporting responsibilities in any sub contract
- Drive the subcontractors to provide the project controls reporting in the correct format, on time, accurately and to the correct level of detail
- Understand, analyse and challenge the subcontractor information to ensure progress and cost are understood and can be clearly reported out
- Run a collaborative integrated P6 programme with the client and subcontractors
- Track the progress of the works on a daily basis on site and in manufacture and design and report on the same
- Provide EV reports and translate the data from P6 into real world cause and impact language
- Use progress, past performance and norms to forecast future performance and advise the project team of any shortfalls
- Run various options to predict outputs of different approaches and advise the team accordingly
- Run the Risk Register and procurement tracker
- Provide trackers for works and detail not appropriate for a Gant Chart
- Demonstrate an understanding of construction and installation sequences
- Demonstrate an understanding of CDM and other construction process requirements as they need to be included in a plan Requirements:
- Nuclear / Sellafield experience
- Security pass
- Excel super user ability
- Some experience in construction roles outside project controls; supervision, package or project management, QS, commissioning
- Must have experience in planning software like Primavera P6, MS Project, etc.
- Working knowledge of both engineering design & construction. Key Words:
Location: United Kingdom: Avon
City / Town: Bristol Avon
Posted: 7 Feb 2017
Project Controller/Project Controls Engineer
A multinational construction contractor requires an experienced project controller/project controls engineer to support them on a project based in Bristol.
Responsibilities: The function of this role is to provide mentoring and coaching to Client staff in assigned Project Controls disciplines including but not limited to ; assisting in development of cost & resource loaded baseline schedules utilizing either EPM2010 or Primavera P6; Cost Engineering; Earned Value Management; Estimating and / or Risk Management. • - Individual will report to the MSP JE Project Control Lead. • - The individual will be accountable for providing coaching and mentoring of client staff to ensure their successful delivery of the outputs required for the Spiral Toolkits Deliverables as noted below: • - Toolkit 1 = WBS & relayed Dictionary; Cost & Resource Loaded Schedule; Staffing Plan; and working with the Risk personnel – Schedule Risk Analysis • - Toolkit 2 = Change Management; Delivery Performance Management • - Toolkit 3 = Performance Reporting, including Earned Value Management • - Minimum of 7 to 10 years of cost engineering experience • - Through working knowledge of all aspects of cost control principles including but not limited to: • - WBS development • - Cost and Schedule integration • - Baseline development • - Risk Management including Schedule Risk Analysis • - Performance Reporting including schedule analysis • - Earned Value Management • - Proficient in the use of related tools such as MS Excel, Word, etc. • - Coaching / client mentoring experience in Project Controls • - Ability to identify and work with cultural issues • - Ability to effectively communicate complex cost engineering and general Project Controls information to audiences with varying levels of cost controls experience. •
Earned Value Management (EVM)
Earned Value Analysis
Project Controls Engineer
Location: United Kingdom: Cheshire
City / Town: Warrington
Posted: 2 Feb 2017
Must have prior demonstrable experience working as a MQS and have plenty of FIDIC experience. Dynamic and can motivate a team with the Commercial Manager. The candidates must be able to articulate how they managed the people and the process in order to be successful.
The main responsibilities, working as a representative of the Client, are all aspects of commercial administration of large design and build contracts, development of solutions to commercial issues arising out of the contracts and valuing contractor’s works.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of public procurement rules and FIDIC contract conditions. The candidate will support the Project Manager by proactively managing contract commercial risks, actively participating in progress meetings and drafting correspondence.
- Develop and maintain accurate cost reporting/monitoring/forecasting for:
- Building works
- Engineering works
- Design cost/performance
- Increased cost/market trends
- Cash Flow
- Strong track record in Process / Construction projects
- Experience of package negotiation
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Able to work accurately with figures
- Manage and produce/take off Bill of Quants (BoQ)
- Reports to the Commercial Manager functionally. Supports appointed Client Project Managers for each contract. Supported by local procurement and contract staff.
- The commercial specialist works together with the project management and engineering functions to provide them with the necessary commercial support to the projects. Assists in mentoring Client staff. Key responsibilities
Commercial Specialist providing commercial support to the delivery of the programme of works including:-
- Procurement: Administering the procurement process for all external contracts including preparation of tender documentation
- Contracts: Providing contractual advice to the Project Managers including advising on payments and developing strategies and detailed responses to claims and variations.
- Mentoring: Developing capabilities of support team.
- Reporting: Contributing to D-R PMU monthly reports. Key Words:
Location: UK & Europe: United Kingdom
City / Town: Cumbria
Posted: 24 Jan 2017
Risk Engineer/Project Manager
Qualifications: Working alongside 2-4 other team members reporting into the Risk Manager/Programme Control Manager who then reports into the Senior Project Manager. This role will work closely with all the projects teams in SRP covering 19-20 different projects, planning, cost engineering, Quality, construction managers and project Engineers.
Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities to include: • Lead on the implementation of risk management within programme/project areas at the direction of the Project Manager. • Deputise for Risk Manager where required • Raise the profile of risk management within their programme/project areas • Act as initial point of contact for risk queries and requests • Implementation of risk management procedures and risk toolsets within their areas. • Provide risk management support in line with the project and LCM requirements – o Coordinate preparations and maintenance of programme/project risk registers o Monitor and report progress at a minimum on a monthly basis in line with programme/project requirements. • Facilitate risk workshops • Publish minutes of risk and opportunity meetings. • Undertake quantitive risk analysis in line with programme/project requirements • Monitor and audit the quality, application and effectiveness of risk processes within the areas, thereby providing assurance to the Project Managers • Review and challenge programme/project risk information.