Find a Job
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- Australasia & Pacific: Australia
- 23 Apr 2014
LNG Duty Plant Manager (FIFO)
This ASX listed company owns and operates a LNG plant located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The LNG that is produced by this plant is utilised to fuel power stations within Western Australia.
The purpose of the position will be to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the LNG facility.
This position will work on a fly in / fly out roster of 15 days on/13 days off, based out of Perth.
Responsibilities will include:
· Responsible Zero Harm policy to all employees, contractors, consultants and the environment and ensure that all incidents are reported and investigated in accordance with procedures.
· Ensure that the plant is operated to maximise efficiency or as otherwise required to maximise benefit for the company.
· Responsible to manage the overall operational and maintenance activities required for the safe production, storage and transportation of LNG.
· Carry out risk assessments of all operational activities and ensure adequate implementation to fit with EDL's Zero Harm policy.
· Prepare and manage Production Schedules for the plant to achieve required capacity and deliveries year round. .
· Liaise with the Department of Consumer, Employment and Protection, Division of Workplace Health and Safety regarding all legislated requirements of a Major Hazard Facility including but not limited to MHF, Environmental Licence, Dangerous Goods, Native Title and Site Lease.
· Assist and where required, lead the Management of Change process.
· Prepare reports on Weekly & Monthly basis for Production activities to stakeholders in a format directed by the Corporate Office.
· Manage all day to day HR related issues that may arise on site. Keep the LNG Plant and Transport Manager and HR group informed of current and pending issues.
· Responsible to ensure that all Gas Nominations, Shutdowns, Audits, PPAs, Contracts and Licence dates are adhered to and that all of the company's obligations to these are maintained.
· Manage the operational budget for the LNG Facility in accordance with Budget Guidelines and constraints.
· Responsible to ensure that all contracts that are implemented are maintained and renewed/extended as required to the best result for the company.
The ideal applicants will possess the following:
· Tertiary qualified Engineer (Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical) or person with suitable relevant experience is essential.
· Previous experience in Operation of Gas Processing facilities or multidiscipline process plants in oil and gas or related fields.
· Demonstrated managerial skills.
· Astute business focussed with strong commercial ability.
· Commitment to safe operating practices
· Proven ability to manage complex multi-disciplined activities and to effectively communicate with project stakeholders as defined.
· Understanding and knowledge of
· Relevant Australian Standards
· Gas Standards Act and other related Regulations,
· Electrical Safety Act and other related Regulations,
· Petroleum Pipelines Act and other related Regulations.
· Computer literacy using Microsoft Office, MS Project and other computer based engineering packages.
· Ability to form, lead and/or work within a diverse team.
· Ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally.
· Commitment to working flexible and sometimes long hours.
· Ability to provide clear and timely communication to senior management.
· Ability to manage project and operational budgets.
- Africa: Nigeria
- 23 Apr 2014
OLT Naval Engineer - Residential
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a major Oil and Gas Operator have an opportunity for an OLT Naval Architect to work on a FPSO project, on a long term contract based in Lagos, Nigeria.
The OLT Naval architect is responsible for the delivery of the OLT hull and naval systems, in accordance with Contracts requirements, in particular technical requirements and schedule, ensuring all aspects of the EPCI works are accounted for in due time.
• Following up the Naval Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities performed by OLT Contractor
• Follow up OLT contractor engineering regarding mooring design and naval architecture
• Direct the OLT contractor to effective resolution of all interface matter related to OLT naval architecture and mooring design (RAO).
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Contracts requirements and Project Specifications, all within project schedule
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Client General Specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
• Ensuring that for the Manufacturing and Fabrication of critical items, ITPs are reviewed in due time by the relevant parties and are given the right level of attention
• Assisting Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning activities and leading the resolution of technical issues when necessary
• Ensuring correct and timely information is provided by OLT contractor to other contractors
• Assisting in interface management with UFR and FPSO Contractors
• Answering OLT Contractor technical queries as necessary
• Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
• The OLT Naval architect will also assist the UFR package regarding mooring design and naval architecture subjects.
• To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies for the OLT Buoy will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy,
• To ensure that the OLT Buoy design will comply with all HSE requirements,
• To attend safety inductions as required and adapt behaviour to fully comply with office security, health and safety instruction,
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazard and surroundings,
• To participate to local programmes or initiative to improve HSSE performance,
• To report to Management on any issue or observation and propose way of improvement.
Qualifications and experience
• Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline MANDATORY with MSc or equivalent. Pending experience candidates with BSc may be also given consideration
• 7 years experience in naval architecture and mooring design for deepwater Projects (pending profile, candidates with less experience and previous exposure to OLT/FPSO EPCI projects will be also given due considerations). Relevant experience will include development of detail design specifications, performance and / or validation of detail design calculations for FPSO or OLT.
• Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and Client general specifications
• Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead specialists or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
• Fully conversant with Naval architecture software (calculation of RAO) and mooring design
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the world's leading Oil and Gas operators who are driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive rate as well as a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, life insurances and long and short term disability insurance.
- Canada: Alberta
- 23 Apr 2014
Role: Project Controls Lead
Location: Fort McMurray
Rotation: 21 days/ 7 days
Length: 6 - 8 months
Start date: Immediate
Visa requirement: Canadian permanent residency or Work Visa
The Lead Control reports directly to the Business Services Lead. He/she also will report to Major Projects Controls Lead for functional guidance on work processes and systems integrity. The Lead Control's role is to ensure that the project obtains the quality needed to achieve project goals related to estimating, financial stewardship and project management controls. The Lead Controls will provide quality control over the Contractor's estimating and controls activities to ensure the project is executed in accordance with Project Management System expectations.
This position is responsible for preparation of estimates, cost forecasts, and implementation of project controls systems for the Execution Team to track progress and monitor trends. The position leads the reporting and stewardship activities of internal reporting for the Execution Team to the overall roll up in the Calgary office.
- Monitor activities consistent with estimating development plans for Post Gate 3 Estimate/Outlooks and make required corrective adjustments in response to deviations from plan (post-Gate 3).
- Control the Project to agreed plans and processes, including financial stewardship, cost, management of change, key issues, lessons learned, etc.
- Monitor FEEP contractor's resources to ensure appropriate work procedures are followed in developing project estimating deliverables, to allow effective functional verification of project estimates & controls, and to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Interface with engineering, execution, Controllers and other Business Services related functions such as Procurement, Planning and Document Control.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally 15 years in an engineering or operations assignment.
- Previous Client experience essential
- Sound knowledge of Project Controls
- Sound knowledge of Cost, Planning & Scheduling principles
- Previous Canadian major project experience is essential
- Canada: Alberta
- 23 Apr 2014
Position: Senior/Lead Pipeline Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB
Visa requirement: Must hold valid Canadian work permit or Permanent Residency
Language requirement: Must be fluent in Spanish
Lenght: 1 year renewable
My client is a major Canadian mid-stream operator company with numerous ongoing high profile pipeline projects.
They are looking for an experienced Pipeline Engineer to join their team in Calgary as a Senior/Lead Pipeline Engineer to carry out the below responsibilities:
• Work in a multi-discipline environment to oversee design (FEED and detailed design) of a major capital project in a pipeline engineering role with significant LNG plant and compression facility design interfaces.
• Coordinate project execution including interfacing with construction engineers, field construction personnel, production/ operations engineers, field production/operations personnel, 3rd party EPCM companies, material, service, construction contractors, etc.
• Responsible for project execution, including supporting AFE development, DBM development, design assurance reviews, cost estimating, design development, procurement, construction, Risk Analysis, Quality Assurance, Safety, project cost control and tracking, scheduling, reporting, etc.
• Provide expertise and technical support with planning and executing concurrent ‘fit for purpose’ facility and pipeline engineering.
• Maintain engineering standards, specifications, procedures and related records.
• Work with operations and construction to identify and resolve operational and construction issues.
• Provide cost estimates, risk analysis activities and cost benefit analysis. Raise AFEs as needed.
• Identify optimization, efficiency and operating cost reduction opportunities.
• Support a working environment that strives to meet PTP EH&S objectives.
• Periodic travel to field locations during design phases.
• Potential stationing in field locations during construction phases.
You will need to have at least 5 years Canadian pipeline project experience, previous experience on field support and large diameter pipeline projects.
Fluency in Spanish (oral & written) is essential.
Previous construction experience is also highly desired.
Management is looking to interview suitable candidates as soon as possible.
In order to be considered for this position you must have Canadian Permanent Residency or a Canadian Passport.
- Canada: Alberta
- 23 Apr 2014
Role: Senior Project Cost Engineer
Term: Two Years
Start Date: Immediate - URGENT
Visa requirement: Must have Canadian residency
Rotation: No - Will need to be based in Edmonton
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing or assisting in the development and implementation of project budgets.
- Perform cost analysis for projects requesting additional funding / supplemental. This includes detailed review of actual expenditures, accruals, performance indices, incorporation of changes, etc. to come up with a cost forecast at completion.
- Responsible for timely and accurate cost forecasts utilizing established forecast methodologies and work processes.
- Prepare monthly cost reports and initiate timely variance analysis and work with stakeholders on corrective measures where applicable.
- Evaluate impacts of project changes to cost and budget and collaborate with project teams to support contingency management process.
- Participate in developing and establishing on-going improvements to cost control procedures, processes, and standards.
- Develop and support use of earned value methodology to monitor cost variance to both budgets and schedule.
- Maintain man-hour tacking sheet.
- Monitor and update PO register.
- Proficiency with SAP and MS Office Suite ( Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint), preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas in a Cost role
- Must have an Engineering degree background
- Must have previous Operator experience
- Solid knowledge of principles of Project Controls (estimating, budgeting, analysis, and forecasting)
- Canada: British Columbia
- 22 Apr 2014
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
Our client, a major Oil and Gas operator, has an opportunity for a senior Civil Engineer on a contract basis in Surrey.
The role of the Civil Engineer is to work closely with the Facilities Manager (FM). The responsibilities of the Senior Civil Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Discussing requirements with the contractors and other professionals (e.g. architects)
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan the project layout.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Provide support during construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
- Drawing up blueprints, using computer aided design (cad) packages
- Judging whether projects are workable by assessing materials, costs and time requirements
- Preparing bids for tenders, and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning bodies
Minimum of 10 years of upstream onshore Gas Gathering and Processing Facilities experience, including Gas Plants, Water Systems, and LNG Systems.
- North America: United States
- 22 Apr 2014
My client is looking for a Director Energy Benchmarking for their Oil & Gas division based in Houston. As a leading supplier of professional oilfield consultants to the industry my client is aggressively growing and has seen unparalleled growth over the last few years.
The Director Energy Benchmarking will be responsible for providing the leadership necessary to execute benchmarking studies from concept to delivered report for the oil and gas industry. You will need to lead the development of Energy Benchmarking studies, while partnering with consulting experts, integrating study data and insights. Drive market analysis, highlighting possible new service opportunities whilst providing quality control to ensure that hypotheses and metrics align and will properly provide intended insights.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience analysing empirical results and leveraging them to build insights and recommendations, strong sales experience selling to senior level executives, 5+ years of research and analytical experience, 10+ years of Management consulting experience within the upstream oil and gas industry. You will need strong statistical skills with experience analysing back-office and operational business processes alongside a familiarity with SPSS or Excel Analytics being preferred. Bachelor's degree a minimum; MBA preferred.
- United Kingdom: Warwickshire
- 22 Apr 2014
Cable Design Engineer
A new vacancy has arisen working with an international consultancy on OHL Design Schemes. As a degree educated electrical engineer with OLE experience you will be working within an established team of engineers on UK infrastructure projects.
Preparation, checking and/or approval of feasibility studies, outline and detailed design technical reports and other written documents.
Design, checking and approval of detail allocation and construction design.
Production and approval of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
Management of teams of engineers and external suppliers.
Delivery of work to programme, budget and customer specification.
Carrying out design reviews as appropriate.
The quality of all tender/ construction/fabrication drawings for all OHL elements.
The adherence to and control of documents and drawings in accordance with management procedures.
Design input/output within the designated risk management process.
Development of team specific standards to ensure the consistency of the output.
Providing programme updates to the Lead Engineers for the duration of the project life.
In return for your services you will receive a competitive rate of pay and benefits package including support in further developing your career.
- North America: United States
- 22 Apr 2014
This global Oilfield Service company are a world leading supplier within 3D digital data capturing industry. Their expertize has benefited over 3000 projects, adding value in smarter engineering and project execution by providing full-cycle service. With this information, it ensures that cost effective solutions are continuously implemented before, during, and after the projects.
This growing company are currently requiring a Laser Scan Technician to join the successful team.
The responsibilities will be as follows:
o Operating as a team leader.
o Carry out all aspects of Laser Scanning.
o Training and assessment of laser scanning team personnel.
o Reconnaissance and review of possible work for providing written feedback to management for establishing proposal information for clients.
o Establishing various written reports for clients and management.
o Review all laser scanning documents to be signed by the client
o Lead team safety meetings and conduct weekly site inspection reports.
o Create daily scan progress reports.
o Register all scan data prior to demobilizing from a project.
Experience and Knowledge should include:
o Previous supervision responsibilities in a team.
o Experience in the Offshore and Onshore industry is essential.
o Experienced with various forms of survey technology including Laser Scanning and 3-D drawing software.
o Ability to execute all tasks pertaining to Laser Scanning.
o Advanced AutoCAD knowledge - includes ability to model in 3D for specific deliverables.
o Must be strong in written and oral communication skills and well organized.
o Must be prepared to travel.
- United Kingdom: Greater London
- 22 Apr 2014
Main Job Function:
The Flow Assurance Engineer will be cross--discipline focused having interaction with a series off engineering
Disciplines tot support a major subsea led project;
The Flow Assurance Engineer will support the delivery off fellow assurance design and operating strategies,
Supporting safe and reliable operations...
Main required skills:
Deliver system wide fellow assurance through Steady--state thermo hydraulic design and Transient thermo
Deliver operating guidelines and supporting documentation as and when required
Ensure requirements in the system are supported by appropriate operating guideline documentation; for
Example; Hydrate, Wax and Liquids Management Strategy
Lead fellow assurance interface through process design and interface schedules
Manage interface with hardware designers and contractors
Support integrity assessments; provide input tot corrosion and erosion risk assessments
Assistance with advanced dynamic simulation
Support the identification of process risks and the delivery off risk actions plans
Knowledge off the following software’s is requested
Olga, PVTsiim ((Mandatory))
XPsim, Gap, Piipesim ((Preferred))
Knowledge off Mettle or Wolfram Mathematical or Visual Basic is appreciated..