Jobs By Industry
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- UK & Europe: United Kingdom
- 10 Apr 2014
C&Q Department Manager - Biopharmaceutical - Permanent - UK
Our client is a global leading Engineering and Project Management business with operations across the world. At present they wish to recruit a high calibre C&Q Manager for the UK to focus on their Biopharmaceutical and Food projects. This opportunity will suit an individual who is seeking new challenges and a varied and exciting career opportunity within a changing and diverse work environment with a growing and dynamic company. The successful candidate will be part of the Management of the UK operation reporting to the Director of Engineering. The position is a permanent role that can be based from one of two sites in either the Midlands or on the South Coast.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified or equivalent with a full background of C&Q management and project management of Biopharmaceutical projects in the UK.
- Develop and maintain Client relationships through direct Client contact, external presentations, participation in technical committees etc.
- Prepare proposals for specific C&Q projects – continue to target & win local projects
- Prepare man-hour and cost estimates for proposals
- Manage department profitably e.g. deliver target contribution levels, manage within budgets, implement man-hour control, manage unsold hours, maintain reasonable cost base etc.
- Structure your department to ensure a correct balance of resources to meet projected workload
- Focus on building and retaining a core team of key personnel
- Develop and mentor your personnel
- Carry out performance appraisals, give structured feedback and set clear objectives
- Continually interview people to maintain a good pool of available resources
- Ensure good department communications including up to date office and company information
- Identify technological/industry trends in which your department should improve their knowledge
- Develop the department’s technical capability to meet current and future project needs
- Ensure all work is carried out accurately, and is prepared with safety in mind
- Ensure team adheres to company System / Procedures
- Identify improvements in existing work methods to achieve best practice / be more competitive.
- Allocate work to your team and manage / control work to meet agreed project deadlines
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets
- Middle East: Qatar
- 10 Apr 2014
We require a dynamic and experienced Project Lead to co-ordinate and manage all project activities, from engineering stage up to offshore completion works for an offshore HVAC and Electrical Distribution upgrade project to existing platforms offshore Qatar.
Working for a major international oil and gas operator, interested candidates must meet the below specified criteria.
Education: Graduated engineer or equivalent grade in university
Professional experience: with 10 years minimum experience in the industry. Offshore background and experience, Oil and gas experience in engineering and construction / brown field experience.
Technical competencies: Technical and engineering skills in various disciplines (electricity, instrumentation, piping, HVAC basics). Experience in projects – Engineering & execution phases. Potential for technical subjects management and coordination.
All candidates must speak fluent English to be considered. French would be an advantage.
- Australia: Western Australia
- 10 Apr 2014
This global provider of brownfield services to the Oil and Gas sector is seeking a Programme Manager to join their Senior Management team in Perth, Western Australia. For senior Project Directors or Program Managers this is an opportunity to work on long term projects that will have a significant impact on the company’s profitability and success here in WA. Due to the level of client facing exposure in this position it is expected that the successful applicant will have extensive and demonstrable experience in Brownfields Oil and Gas projects whilst also displaying a clear ability to manage and coordinate large projects.
The key objective of this position is the overall management of all phases of project planning and execution on major projects ( over $500 million) and ensuring that projects are executed in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company. The Program Manager is accountable for the bottom line responsibility and technical success of these projects and if needed ensuring appropriate performance improvement plans are put in place to rectify performance issues. It is expected that the Programme Manager will take full responsibility for setting the H&S culture within the business and drive safety leadership on all projects under your control. This position will be the interface in the business to their external clients and hold a pivotal role in managing a portfolio of projects in differing phases of the cycle.
The expectation for this position as that the successful candidate will bring with them an exceptional track record in project management and the ability to manage a successful senior management team. As a Chartered Professional Engineer you will have significant experience in the industry and be able to draw on your experience and networks to ensure projects are staffed and managed appropriately and safely. In addition you will be able to demonstrate you can prioritize work and approval, have experience in all phases of the project lifecycle, estimate resources and develop programmes for projects, control the implementation of projects and control the risks associated with projects.
- Canada: Alberta
- 10 Apr 2014
Local and First Nation Content Specialist
Duration: 4 Years
Visa: Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Local Content Strategy within a large LNG project. The role will participate in managing the local content metrics collection and reporting, managing the local and First Nation vender lists and supporting the Local Content team at local content meetings, career fairs and procurement workshops. The position will play a pivotal role in delivering value to the business through Local & First Nation suppliers in a strategically planned manner.
This role must interact with a wide range of levels and functions internal to the LNG project, and with external suppliers, Partners, and other parties as needed.
People skills are critical; this role must have the ability to quickly develop trust and relationships and engage, influence and support cross-functional teams. The position requires a combination of soft and technical skills and the ability to influence the growth of Local Content in the project.
Some travel may be required (up to 30%)
Provides direct support to the National and Local Content Advisor
Acts as the National & Local Content tracking and systems specialist for the LNG project - manages local content tracking and reporting, manage local content databases and support local content plans and strategies development to ensure activities are benefiting the communities in which we live and work and are recognized as a partner of choice
Engages with internal and external project stakeholders to develop Local Content strategies for projects
Support initiatives with National and Local stakeholders, which may include First Nations, host government representatives, NGO's, and supplier development representatives to identify
May participate on planning teams and task forces for Enterprise and/or industry initiatives related to, or incorporating Local Content.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Experience in Local and First Nation Content, Business Development, Supply Chain Management, International Business, Entrepreneurship, or other relevant discipline.
Experience interfacing and successfully collaborating and working a multi-cultural environment. Demonstrated strength in cultural awareness and capability to adapt based on cultural environment.
Strong interpersonal , communication, facilitation, influencing, and stakeholder management skills with a track record of developing strong, positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
Holds self and others accountable - Able to define steps to achieve goal and diligently execute by maintaining accountability of self and teams; thorough in completing work tasks.
Creative and strategic thinking - able to consider creative alternatives to current state to achieve goals; encourages out of box thinking of stakeholders and peers; can think in a strategic manner to understand the broader impact of decisions and ideas
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
A University degree in Business, Engineering, Communications, or related post-secondary education and/or Supply Chain Management Professional designation.
Understanding of Supply Chain Management / Procurement technical skills
Strong understanding of the Canadian Oil & Gas environment with a particular emphasis on BC
Experience effectively communicating and working with all levels of management, project personnel, and department/business unit levels
- Canada: Alberta
- 9 Apr 2014
NES Global Talent is currently working with one of the most respected international engineering, design and construction general contractors who are a leading provider in the execution of oil & gas major projects in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. NES is looking to recruit an I&C Superintendent for Fort McMurry, Alberta.
As part of a highly successful team, the I&C Superintendent will be responsible to serve as a member of the Project Team and coordinate planning, support, and execution activities aligned with project objectives. Some key responsibilities are noted below;
o Promote Worker Safety o Provide construction planning, support, and execution expertise in the Instrumentation discipline o Coordinate construction-related activities and provide reporting to managemento Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with contractors and among Project Team memberso Act as a Construction resource to various project task teamso Maintain expertise as needed to maintain Subject Matter Expert (SME) qualification as appropriateo Champion/share best practices and use of Construction Management System (CoMS) as well as other plans, systems, tools, and resources used for Construction Planning, Support, and Executiono Ensure balanced and consistent application of Construction Management System (CoMS)/tools across assigned project(s)o Provide accurate and timely reports as needed to the Construction Supervisor o Monitor procurement of vendor packages, long lead items, and
other critical materials and equipment to ensure compliance with required on site dates, contract specifications, and appropriate material handling requirements
If you want a role presenting a high degree of autonomy, and visibility within the senior leadership team, and will provide you with the perfect platform for rapid career progression, then please contact me on the link provided.
- North America: Canada
- 9 Apr 2014
Local to Saskatoon beginning immediately until December 18th, 2014. The contract may be extended dependant on project timelines.
Reporting to the Ready for Operations Superintendent, Ready for Operations Commissioning Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Level 1 operator with the commissioning and startup of Project Area systems. They will also assist the with the development of equipment operating procedures, equipment specific lock out procedures, confined space entry procedures, defining safe operating limits and system training materials.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist with all commissioning activities for the Powerhouse Area
- Assisting as required with the compilation of operations manuals, operating procedures, commissioning procedures, equipment lock outs, emergency and safety procedures, safe operating limits and other materials of a technical nature.
- Work with area LPC’s to ensure safety policies, processes and protocols are captured in operations, commissioning and startup manuals.
- Utilize the VAULT Project SmartPlant 3D model.
- Review all area documents including P&ID’s and PFD’s
- Complete all visual plant labeling for the specific area.
Qualifications of the position include:
- At least 5 years of Potash plant experience or experience in similar mining operations.
- Working knowledge of computer tools (MS Office, SAP) an asset
- Understanding of the principles of the visual plant and operability.
- Attention to detail with strong commitment to accuracy
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle a varied work load
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from others.
- Canada: Alberta
- 9 Apr 2014
This position is responsible for the leadership of planning, scheduling and progressing related to construction activities on Upstream Major Projects. Lead the schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification and recovery plan development activities. Leads progressing and reports presentations.
The general accountabilities of the Lead, Planning and Scheduling shall include ensuring that the planning and scheduling team's processes are aligned with the company's business practices as well with Major Project's goals and objectives. Supports project organization to identifies, analyzes and provide innovative solutions to project controls problems. Provides generally non-routine project controls activities and guidance to the projects.
- Responsible for plans and schedules related functions for the projects by working with all disciplines to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs.
- Provide guidelines for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project controls.
- Assists in reviewing proposal provisions related to schedule and material controls
- Plans and leads the effort to establish milestones for the total project or portions of the project.
- Lead the collection, verification and integration of scope of work for all entities into the project plan and schedule.
- Lead and coordinates the timely and systematic schedule/physical progress updates and review, provide projects status information and related analysis to the Project Management Leadership.
- Lead project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities, recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team.
- Prepares and presents Schedule Impact Report and leads the development and review of schedule recovery plans
- United Kingdom: Middlesex
- 9 Apr 2014
The QA Coordinator is responsible for coordinating inspection, certification and compliance activities and advising management and project team members on matters related to assurance and technical integrity. Also for ensuring compliance with project standards, applicable regulatory standards and Best International Petroleum Industry Practice.
Will conduct audits, both internal and external in accordance with the audit schedule. Monitor and close out NCR's identified during audits.
- United Kingdom: Aberdeenshire
- 9 Apr 2014
Urgent vacancy for an Internal Sales Supervisor for North side of Aberdeen - this is a staff position.
Job Title: Internal Sales Supervisor
Department: Equipment Solutions
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Supervising the internal Sales team and maintaining a high level of customer service, responsible for 2 internal Sales Coordinators.
Main Purpose of role: The role is situated in the Busy Internal Sales Department of the Equipment Solutions Division. Supervising a team of 2 Coordinators, Dealing with customer enquiries from start to finish, Quoting the initial Enquiry to processing the purchase order and issuing purchase orders to suppliers where required. The Enquiries that come through are varied and can consist of Blasting and Painting Equipment, Hand and Power tools, General workshop Consumables and Welding and Engineering consumables.
Main Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervising the Sales Team: - Ensuring Coordinators are responding, acting and dealing with requests in a timely manner. Promotion of product and services to team to cascade to clients.
Dealing with Customer Enquires: - Taking enquires via telephone and Email and quoting them through the Insphire System. Checking product and Customer History to ensure continuity to the clients and maximum profitability to Company.
Processing Customer Orders: - Progress any Orders through the Insphire System allocating items from stock where appropriate. Issuing Picking lists to stores with any additional instructions that may apply i.e. Delivery instructions, Certification, data sheets etc.
Raising Purchase Orders: - Essential for fulfilling client orders where stock is not available, maintaining stock levels and replenishing stock for items needed to maintain Hire Fleet.
Expediting: - Updating the Insphire System with Supplier P/O Delivery dates and keeping clients informed of any problems or delays etc
The job holder may be required to carry out any other related or associated roles, tasks or duties, which they can be trained, instructed and supervised to do safely.
Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Software Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Preferred but not essential, Knowledge and understanding of Oil and Gas procurement requirements.
The ability to lead a team
Analytical and problem solving skills
Decision making skills
Effective verbal and listening Skills
Stress management skills
Time management skills
Experience of working with a large client base
In dealing with
Prior Experience of tooling and consumable sales preferred but not essential
Experience of Blasting and Painting Consumable sales preferred but not essential
Experience of working with Fabric Maintenance Companies Preferred but not essential
Attitude and Personality
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
Be honest and trustworthy
Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Middle East: Qatar
- 9 Apr 2014
Skill: Sr. Contracts Engineer
Duration: 12 months (extension yearly up-to July 2016)
5/6 days per week, 10 hours per day.
Flexible Rotations: 16 weeks / 2 weeks (Unpaid)
Travel Days unpaid
Visa Status - Single Status
Medical Insurance provided to you.
No expenses with regard to the family and education is paid
Family can be brought into the country under personal sponsorship
Any days not worked not paid
· 10+ year's multi-disciplinary experience, including 8 years in an oil & gas industry or with major industrial structures in the preparation/evaluation/negotiation of tenders/contracts of large scale projects. Knowledge of contracts laws is desirable, proficient with contractual correspondence; contract verbatim, report writing with analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
· Thorough understanding of engineering, procurement, construction techniques EPCM & LSTK and maintenance / operation related services.
· Computer literate and able to use this knowledge for contract analysis, evaluation of statistical data both historical and projected. Well versed in SAP.
· Provide professional advice, expertise and practical assistance to all assigned end-user departments of the corporation in all tendering / contractual matters from inception of project till close-out of contracts. Finalization of tender documentation including preparation of pricing mechanism and release for tender. Guide the assigned sponsoring departments while reviewing the content of tender bulletin, tender clarifications. Prepare award plan submissions and letter of awards.
· Represent the contracts department in various tender and evaluation committees; prepare draft contract documents, incorporating the effect of all negotiations, clarifications and qualifications. Review work/service scopes of tenders and work change requests and liaise with sponsoring departments for improvements and changes. Management of contracts by rendering contractual support on resolving disputes, evaluation of claims, variations and settlement of final account.
BSc in Engineering Discipline or quantity surveying. A post graduate qualification in Contract Management or project management is desirable.
Please send your CV with the below details mentioned.
· Current Salary:
· Expected Salary:
· Notice Period: