Jobs By Industry
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- Africa: Ghana
- 2 Dec 2013
Development Geophysicist, Ghana
Development Subsurface & Well Eng teams
Ghana Exploration team
Company Geoscience community
Company Group Geological Operations
Potential Geoscience Secondees from GNPC
Subsurface Team – Existing Development
Subsurface Team – New Development
Geological Operations Team
Ghana Exploration Team
Ghana Well Engineering Team – Ghana drilling
Group Geophysical Resources
Independent Reserves Auditors
JOB OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide high quality geophysical evaluation for the Project Team
Provide regular updates / interpretations for ongoing wells.
Undertake geophysical studies, evaluation and QC as required, and interface with external contractors as required.
Play a role in ongoing & future field development / infill planning studies.
Provide mentorship and training to graduate geophysicists and GNPC secondees as necessary.
Provide geophysical support in well interpretation / drilling / perforation as required.
Quality control / review project proposals within and potentially beyond the Ghana development team.
Provide technical assistance to other teams, and participate in development projects as required.
Provide technical assistance in reservoir volumetric assessment and undertake mapping studies, as required.
Degree in geology / geophysics is essential, with preferably a tertiary qualification.
Experience in industry with strong background in development geophysics
Skills: Excellent technical computer skills are required.
Language: Fluency of written and spoken English is required.
Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
Self-starting, ability to work with multiple groups.
Technically and commercially credible, open and honest.
The position will be based in Accra, Ghana though some travel to UK / elsewhere may be required.
- Continental Europe: Others
- 2 Dec 2013
Our Client is an EPC company with assets worldwide. They are looking for a Process Engineer to be based in Munich, Germany. Your responsibilities and duties will include organizing weekly co-ordination meetings with Engineering Contractors as appropriate and ensuring the Engineering Contractor provides proper reporting of the progress of their activities.. The preferred candidate will be degree educated and have strong knowledge in the Process Design of onshore gas facilities. This an excellent opportunity to work in an integrated engineering team for all project packages involving several contractors (and several engineering subcontractors) and vendors.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 2 Dec 2013
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and direct staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, an International Operating Company has an opportunity for a Head of Facilities Engineer to work on a fix term project on a contract basis in Doha, Qatar.
This is a great opportunity for a Head of Facilities Engineering with minimum 15 years' experience in an oil and gas industry for a leading oil company in Qatar.
The job requires a minimum 15 years' experience in engineering management of oil & gas major offshore and onshore projects (from initiation to engineering, construction & commissioning). Familiarity with international engineering codes, standards and regulations as well as project specifications and project management systems are essential
You should possess a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent discipline. Good written and verbal communication skills would be highly desirable.
For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Americas: Canada
- 2 Dec 2013
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading Operator, has an opportunity for a MINE ENGINEER with experience in Oilsands open-pit mining. This opportunity is a 12 month renewable contract based in Calgary, Alberta.
· The mine project consists of an oil sands mine and extraction facilities that will produce 100.000 bbls/d with an overall Capital Investment budget is in the range of 9 billion CAD organised around two main domains Mining and Bitumen Extraction Plant
· Job holder is responsible for all the activities concerning the Mining Packages part of the project
· Lead the identification of all mining services tender packages required for the construction and operation of the JNMP
· Identify and secure the necessary internal resources required to tender and implement the mining services packages as required for the JNMP
· Lead the preparation of mining services tender packages, in line with the contracting strategy in collaboration with Project Controls, Legal, Mining and HSEQ
· Lead contractor identification process for the required JNMP mining services packages, including participation in site visits
· Lead evaluation, negotiation, contract preparation and award of all mining services contracts for the JNMP
· Ongoing management of mining services contracts
· Liaise with JNMP Contracts to ensure compliance with C&P procedures
· The position is based in ... and involves working closely with all JNMP team members and contractors
· Establish JNMP mining packages based on the contracting strategies
· Ensure a comprehensive list of mining packages is approved by all stakeholders
· Identify timelines for implementation of JNMP mining packages. Implement JNMP mining packages as per the approved schedule. Notify stakeholders of scheduling issues.
· Develop in liaison with other stakeholders performance metrics and compensation models for the mining packages
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Degree in Mine Engineering
· Minimum 15 years directly related experience
· Firm understanding of supply chain process as it relates to mining
· Procurement - Contracts expertise
· Highly motivated and self-starter
· Team Player with strong organizational skills
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Knowledge acquisition and applications skills
- Continental Europe: Holland
- 2 Dec 2013
The Procurement Specialist will work and supervise the C&P activities performed by our Engineering contractors, on a day to day basis and will report to the CP Lead in CP Projects in head office.
Standard Job description:
Responsible for contracting materials and/or services. Develop supply chain and contract strategies with the business within the boundaries of the overarching Category Strategy set by the Category Manager. Tender and negotiate contracts, invite and evaluate bids. Clarify terms and conditions. Award contracts. Deliver Contract Management support to the Contract Holder. Must have minimal 5 years of professional CP experience, with a preference for large, global organizational experience. Experience with the subject Category/Market Sector. Experience with the European Tender process is a pré. Sound oral and written communication skills. Fluent in English. Ability to manage high workload involving multiple priorities, customers and vendors.
Ability to work with minimal supervision in a virtual environment. Assertive in seeking information from various sources and in obtaining the best value for the company. Good customer service skills and ability to interact with customers at all levels. Advanced PC skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook) required. May lead and direct the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Minimal education: Bachelor degree.
In addition the following requirements should also be considered when selecting a suitable incumbent:
- Experience in working with an engineering contractor on a major project (> EUR 100 mln), over the full lifetime of a project (from Define/FEED until Execute/EPCM close out)
- Experience in managing job hour reports (planned versus actual), identify potential overrun and propose remedial action
- Work together with the Project Services Engineer to interpret Primavera project schedule and challenge this against planned manhours
- Work together with the Project Services Engineer to manage the engineering cost against the Approved Contract Value (ACV).
- Manage approved cost (for Service Contracts and Purchase Orders) against expected cost, to ensure timely approval of the Contracts Board.
- Work together with the Engineering Contractor handling claims from Implementation Contractors and issuing order variations for agreed change of- or addition to the contract workscope.
- Supervise process of Service Entries (Value of Work Done) and Goods Receipt, liase with Engineering Contractor, Project Services and warehousing to help solving discrepancies.
- Monitor the agreed C&P process of the Engineering Contractor, the CP Execution Plan and the approved Sourcing Plan against actual execution of the work by the Engineering Contractor.
Furthermore, the following conditions are relevant to the job:
- Good knowledge of SAP is an advantage, in case of no experience, incumbent must be prepared to take training.
- Dutch native speaker, or a reasonable command of Dutch language is an advantage (but not a condition).
- Work is planned to start in January 2014 and incumbent must be available for a period of 3 to 5 years.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 2 Dec 2013
The minimum requirement for Senior Business Advisor is as follows;
· Appropriate degree from a recognized college/university in Science or Engineering or Business
- MBA from a recognized University Is desirable
- ISO certification and or audit experience would be considered a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of SHE&Q international standards and practices
- Understanding of Contracting processes and practices
- 15-25 years' experience in the oil and gas industry in variety of operations, SHE&Q Business Planning areas. Planning and budgeting experience Is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to perform In multi-cultural environment.
- Exceptional computer skills and experience with entire Microsoft Office suite
- Middle East: Saudi Arabia
- 2 Dec 2013
JOB PJOB PURPOSE
Develop expertise and capability within various supply chain divisions on focus areas such as terminals and ports, packaging centers, tank farms and ensure that they have access to industry's best practices.
1. Apply knowledge and expertise to site logistics issues to improve workflow and maximize utilization.
2. Analyze existing work procedures and record failures to identify areas of improvement in policies and procedures as well as the supply chain network and suggest improvements.
3. Develop and lead plans to implement suggested improvements in target areas of the supply chain.
4. Provide coaching and guidance to front line team on work process, equipment, engineering, etc., to develop their skills and knowledge on logistics and supply chain design.
5. Coach and prepare site logistics operators to resolve technical and operational plant issues to avoid lengthy down times.
6. Identify and initiate action to remove plant barriers for effective implementation and application of new technologies.
7. Prepare supply chain divisions to effectively implement Integrated Management Systems.
8. Provide insights and expertise during audits and important customer visits.
9. Provide any necessary data/information requested by the customer service division to address customer issues and complaints.
10. Ensure that all principles, procedures and practices strictly comply with EH&S guidelines, regulatory and permit requirements.
11. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/ manager.
- UK: London & South
- 2 Dec 2013
Our client is seeking a Technical Support Engineer, specifically experienced in InfoWorks CS user to join their technical services team. The role involves supporting their customers in the use of InfoWorks CS:
o answering questions by phone and email
o writing and presenting training courses
o testing new features and software fixes
o writing technical articles for publication or presentation at conferences o providing technical backup to the sales team and in marketing activities
o proven experience in modelling industry (water/wastewater), preferably as senior modeller at water company or consultancy
o Experience in completing and managing projects using InfoWorks CS
o An in-depth knowledge of the water industry
o Experience in writing and presenting technical articles
o Ability to work well in a team with minimal supervision
o Keen to learn and able to grasp new concepts quickly
o Self-motivated and able to deliver to tight deadlines
o Approachable and friendly when dealing with customers
- UK: London & South
- 2 Dec 2013
Cell Culture Laboratory Manager - Permanent - South East
Our client is a leading medical diagnostics and healthcare business with operations across the globe. At present they are seeking a Cell Culture Laboratory Manager at their facility in the South East, UK. The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in a biological subject due to the technical nature of the manufacturing operation.
· Previous experience likely to be from the Diagnostics / Biotechnology industry to ensure the job holder is familiar with the requirements of the industry
· Previous supervisory experience and laboratory management would be considered an advantage as the job requires the management of a large number of staff
· Broad knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, performance management, as well as regulatory requirements, GMP and ISO9000 regulations
· Strong inter-personal skills as the job holder is required to communicate with a wide range of personnel within the Company
· Good organisational ability due to the variable nature of the tasks involved and regular changes in priorities
To provide leadership and management for the Cell culture manufacturing staff and manufacturing areas Major Accountabilities
Ensure a reliable and consistent supply of biological reagents to meet customer requirements
Ensure relevant staff are recruited and trained to support the cell culture schedule
Manage the performance of all staff to maximise manufacturing efficiency to meet the cell culture schedule and remain within the cost centre budget
Ensure that all cell culture manufacturing areas are audit ready at all times
Plan for future manufacturing requirements by reviewing process capabilities and ensure personnel recruitment and CAPEX submissions are timely and accurate
Ensure new processes are introduced in a compliant way and staff are trained appropriately prior to their introduction
Be familiar with and comply with all health, safety and environmental rules, policies, procedures and any other instructions relevant to working within the area
Liaise with all support functions to ensure that the manufacture schedule and shipping requirements are met
Ensure good communication with colleagues to provide necessary inputs for support functions to enable completion of actions in a timely manner e.g. ER's/LIR's/investigations/document changes
Continually review manufacturing practices to drive improvement and efficiencies through lead time reduction
Work with other Lab Managers to ensure consistency across the different manufacturing areas
- UK: London & South
- 2 Dec 2013
The Facilities Development Engineer is responsible for providing surface facilities engineering support to Assets, Exploration, Developments and New Business groups across the Create, Assess and Select stages of ventures i.e. all stages prior to FEED. o The position reports to the Facilities Development Engineering Manager.
Make a significant contribution to surface facilities engineering work on ventures through Create, Assess and Select stages. Participate within multi-disciplinary teams spanning subsurface, surface, commercial and economics disciplines during these stages to ensure a range of development concepts are created and the optimal development concept is identified and plans are put in place to progress this through Define (FEED) and Execution stages. Ensure appropriate level of Front End Loading is applied to development opportunities. Assist with Peer Assists, Peer Reviews, Engineering Functional Reviews and Integrated Surface Functional Reviews of ventures across the Create, Assess and Select stages to ensure compliance with clients Way and approvals procedures. Lead the development and transfer of best practice. Interface with Subsurface, Engineering, Project Management, Well Engineering, Operations,
HSSE, Economics, PCA and Commercial to ensure robust and consistent surface facilities development scenarios.
UNIQUE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTE
BSc / MSc / MEng or equivalent, in a relevant Engineering discipline and a Chartered Engineer or equivalent o Experience of participating in feasibility and concept selection activity for surface facilities o Experience in design of onshore and offshore oil and gas production and associated facilities in a client/operator environment. Experience of specific portfolio areas of deepwater/FPSO developments or LNG developments or Coal Seam Gas / Shale Gas would be an advantage. Ability to interface across a wide range of disciplines including Petroleum Engineering, Well Engineering, Operations, Commercial and Economics; Breadth of experience across all phases of a Project - from Create to Execute. Management of engineering consultant and contractor companies to ensure standards are applied and opportunities for technical and business improvement realised. Strong and effective written and oral communication
skills, supported by interpersonal skills that allow working at a senior level. Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers and partner's representatives to influence decisions or ways of working. An ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Team player mindset with ability to work in geographically diverse and multi-cultural environments. Excellent written and presentation skills, with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non technical audiences. A commitment to the highest standards of HSE, working continuously for improvement both in own activities and in those of the assets, projects or other business activities in which they are involved.o Able to manage own time and apply relevant time management techniques to ensure timely delivery of multiple work streams.