Find a Job
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- United Kingdom: Shetland
- 17 Apr 2014
Our client, a large Operator Oil and Gas company, are seeking a very experienced Instrumentation Supervisor to join them on a contract basis for the next 6-9 months. This position is based onshore in the Shetland Islands and is on a 3/3 rotation.
Supervise the project ESPCC Contractor with regard to Instrumentation activities in order to ascertain that the plant will be built as per drawings, specifications, procedures, cost and schedule.
· Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy, Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards, actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Assist the Instrumentation Superintendent to ensure Compliance with the projects Safety objectives throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure that in addition to quality and good engineering practice, planning and cost must be a permanent concern.
- Maintain good relationships with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
- Liaise with Other disciplines, Safety, Cost, Planning and Administration sections to improve effectiveness of the overall Team.
- Keep the Instrumentation Construction Superintendent informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals. Upon daily basis, report construction progress, equipment installation.
- Support the Instrumentation Superintendent on site ensuring that the ESPCC Contractor is fully conversant with all Company project Electrical / Instrumentation related standards and procedures.
- Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the ESPCC Contractor, and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule.
- Supervise the following Site Electrical / Instrumentation interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned:
- Company & ESPCC Contractor
- ESPCC Contractor / Sub-contractors
- Instrumentation Vendor representatives & construction site personnel
- Support the Instrumentation Superintendent and other Discipline Superintendents on all aspects of Instrumentation activities and ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are managed effectively.
- Precomissioning: to witness tests, procedure application, check conformity of documents. Assist the Instrumentation Superintendent to maintain daily progress updated.
- Relevant project construction experience with and proven experience in asupervisory role
- HNC in Electrical/Instrument/Telecoms engineering or Trade qualifications – City and Guilds and indentures for an apprenticeship.
- Recognized level of expertise in construction discipline and a working knowledge of standards and codes.
- Good spoken and written English
- Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.
- Valid UK Driving License or equivalent
- Compex Certificate mandatory.
- Canada: Alberta
- 17 Apr 2014
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
Our client, a major Oil and Gas operator has an opportunity for a Senior Document Control on a contract basis in Calgary. This contract will give you the opportunity to work for a major Oil and Gas operator based in Calgary and to be involved in major projects.
This role will be dedicated to processing documentation- responding to document control queries- processing documentation- processing transmittals- running reports
Requirements:Minimum 4 years of previous document control experienceExperience working within the energy sector (pipeline would be beneficial). Experience on a large scale project. Experience liaising with clients, vendors and consultants.Understanding of how to process Management of Change documentation.This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the world`s leading Oil and Gas Companies who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions.
- UK & Europe: Netherlands
- 17 Apr 2014
€150,000 - €250,000
One of the leading energy companies in Europe have faced significant growth in recent years and are therefore continuing to expand their exploration team. They are currently looking for Junior and Senior level Geophysicists to join their expert team based in the Netherlands.
As a Geophysicist you will be responsible for coordinating and leading geophysical analysis throughout their European assets. You will be responsible for several projects and at senior level will also be responsible for building and managing tailored geophysical work programs, including managing technical projects undertaken by 3rd party contractors.
You’ll have strong experience in the energy industry (ideally with a major operator) and have knowledge of the European market. You will also have past experience of interpreting 2D and 3D seismic data, with an understanding of inversion techniques and seismic modelling.
Other experience required includes;
- An understanding of velocity models for depth conversion
- Experience using well and seismic ties
- Excellent knowledge of seismic modelling techniques
- The ability to mentor and develop junior members of the team
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Europe’s most talented exploration teams with the chance to further develop your skillset. You’ll also have the freedom to make your own decisions and be largely automated within the role.
- United Kingdom: Greater London
- 17 Apr 2014
Lead/Senior Risk Audit(s)
Well known global E&P compay require 4 x Lead/Senior Level Business Risk Auditors within their Southeast England offices.
You will be part of the Group Audit function who provides assurance to the Board, Audit Committee, Executive Committee and business management to ensure effective and efficient governance and internal control processes are in place to identify and manage business risks.
The team of business control specialists adds value by supporting risk management and control activities in the areas that matter most to the Group businesses, independently and objectively.
Group Audit has recently initiated a significant change programme designed to achieve more effective integration of risk, assurance and audit activities across the group. This includes improvements to the audit approach and the development of a risk-based assurance framework designed to ensure a more objective and visible basis for identifying the areas for review.
- Understanding the risks facing the business and the key governance and control activities to manage those risks. Completing reviews of these processes across the group.
- Obtaining line management's commitment to take action on recommendations to improve controls.
- Supporting, challenging and reviewing major change projects and providing controls advice.
- Promoting controls awareness and following up business risk/control issues as appropriate.
This is a challenging role with a high degree of regular exposure to managers up to the most senior levels in the Group. Work is carried out at various locations and with the global span of offces offers international travel.
- Plan, organise and carry out reviews of operational processes, procedures and operating practices.
- Work alone or as part of a team of two or more auditors. Regularly lead teams of auditors, sometimes from other companies in reviews of joint ventures.
- Prepare reports to line management, up to Executive VP and Group director level, which make practical recommendations for reducing risk or improving efficiency.
- Review and monitor responses to recommendations to help ensure appropriate action is taken by management.
- Complete reviews using the prescribed methodology and tools ensuring that the required quality of work is met within agreed budgets and time-scales.
- Undertake ad-hoc work as required to support the business in its assessment and control of significant business risks and in developing new operating procedures. Provide relevant, credible and effective internal controls advice to all levels of management and staff. Promote best practice.
- Provide coaching and support to other auditors in induction and review work.
- Actively support the function's management team in the achievement of targets, KPIs and the implementation of initiatives to ensure Group Audit continuously improves and develops in line with business requirements and best practice.
- Improve personal skills, as measured against the Groups competencies and set out in an agreed personal development plan, to aid personal career development and improve the skills base of group management.
- Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
Professional qualifications and experience required:
- A strong level of expeirience in carrying out Internal Risk based Audit in either an Oil & Gas or Engineering environment.
- Previous experience working at a BIG 4 consultancy would be advantagous.
- Range of risk-based audit and non-audit business experience gained as part of teams of qualified/professional staff, tasked to deliver projects to time and adding value.
- UK & Europe: Poland
- 17 Apr 2014
Having the direct work experience in the sales ,marketing and key accounts.
Base location is Warszawa, Poland.
1.Bachelor degree or above majored in Marketing, Business Administration and International Trade, etc;
2. Over eight years working experience in large-scale enterprises as international marketing person in charge.
1.Assist General Manager to formulate market development strategy and target and organize to analyze and implement relevant marketing policy and specific implementation plan, manage market sales work thoroughly;
2. Responsible for local marketing strategy planning and formulate and supervise annul and seasonal plan to assure accomplishment of company target;
3. Responsible for building of sales team, system and channel, work out sale management regulation and method, realize company sale target;
4. Responsible for operation, survey and analysis of local market and take charge of market promotion of new project;
5. Responsible for customer management and keep well connection with customers;
6. Responsible for sale cost management and work out annual capital budget.
7. Responsible for trace, management, evaluation and feed back of local market information;
8. Responsible for local personnel configuration and arrangement, department training; guide subordinates and improve personnel quality;
9. Responsible for work performance and capability of local personnel management and assessment;
- United Arab Emirates: Dubai
- 17 Apr 2014
POSITION TITLE: Snr Project Engineer
SKILLPOOL GROUP: Engineering
ADDITIONAL SKILLPOOL EXPERIENCE: Civil/Mechanical/Construction/E&I
WORK LOCATION: Dubai transitioning to Iraq during construction phase
JOB DESCRIPTION: Support the responsible PE during the pre & post contract award phases for the construction of the export Pipeline and Slug Catcher required for the Gas Project.
PURPOSE: Provide project engineering support to engineer, procure and construct a 6 finger slug catcher in Iraq through to handover to the operator.
o Support the award of an EPC contract to construct the slug catcher.
o Oversee the fabrication of the slug catcher manifolds and line pipes being undertaken in USA and Korea and transportation of these items to Iraq
o Coordinate engineering and long lead procurement being undertaken by the nominated engineering contractor to support the accelerated schedule.
o Oversee all engineering/procurement/construction activities required to install and pre-commission the prefabricated slug catcher through to RFSU and provide support during the commissioning phase through to final handover to the operator.
o Provide support for infield export pipeline construction (approx. 31kms of 20"Dia).
Suitable candidates will have an engineering degree with 10+ Years O&G Project Engineering experience. The role will require ad hoc travel to Iraq with ad hoc travel to Houston, Reading, UK, and within the UAE to Abu Dhabi. During the later stages of the Project, extended stays in Iraq may be required for the construction installation period.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Annually renewable contract
Day rate: Negotiable USD NET per day paid for days worked only
Monthly living allowance 15,000 AED
Leave: 30 days annual leave unpaid
Flights: prorated payment for 2 business class leave flights
Business trips: Per diem of 170 USD per day payable for Iraq business trips up to once per month for up to 1 week at a time.
Client will handle transport, security, meet and greet, accommodation and subsistence while in Iraq Medical insurance provided including workmen's compensation and AD&D VISA and payroll through NES Global Talent as your assignment sponsor
- Middle East: United Arab Emirates
- 17 Apr 2014
A Major IOC requires a Senior Cost Engineer to join on an annually renewable contract hire for an assignment based in Dubai with trips to the project site in Basra, Iraq.
The main purpose of this position is to provide the required senior Cost Engineering support associated with the Gas Project which is a fast track project.
Roll-out the emerging standard tools and processes, as appropriate for project's FEED & Execute stages.
b) Support the development of project work breakdown structures and their population from the project cost estimate.
c) Responsible for ensuring complete knowledge of estimate/cost/budget/work breakdowns and allocations/expenditures/forecasts reported against the project.
d) Support delivery of cost management solutions for Gas project as appropriate under guidance of the PS lead.
e) Support preparation/review of documented Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Shell guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders related to FCP Gas Scope of Works by EPSC Contractor.
f) Generate accurate monthly cost reports, highlighting variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved authorities for expenditure (AFEs or GIPs).
g) Support change and trend management process for projects. Analyse trends and the highlight potential impacts of changes on cost.
h) Assist in peer reviews and ESARs.
i) Support the cost team to roll out and use Dassian the new CMt for the group.
a) Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
b) Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
c) Raise the awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
d) Adapt to the nature of working in Iraq environment (would require site visits)
e) Work closely with all stakeholders to finalize project cost report and analysis.
Suitable candidates will have 10 to 15 years of experience within Oil & Gas environment essential with Project Services GPES Level 2/3 with "Skill" in "Cost Management”
- Africa: Nigeria
- 17 Apr 2014
Offshore HSE Site Lead - Construction - Nigeria (4*4)
12 Months +
NES Global Talent are recruiting for a Offshore HSE Site Lead with a strong offshore construction background to work on an flagship project with a key client of ours.
* Recognised Diploma / Certification in Safety Management
* 5- 10 Years Offshore Construction project work / Other relevant projects.
* Knowledge of Audit/ Inspection techniques & procedures.
* Fluent in written & spoken English.
* Must possess valid Bosiet & Medical Certificate.
* Ideally an operator background.
If you are interested in the role and match the criteria then please do not hesitate to apply via the link below.
- Asia: Malaysia
- 17 Apr 2014
Contract Offshore HSE Advisor - Malysia - Operator
12 Months + (Residential / Rotational)
NES Global Talent are recruiting for a leading operator for an offshore HSE Advisor to work on some key projects for this client.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MALAYSIAN CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION.
* Experience working Offshore in HSE Advisory position.
* 10 Years HSE work.
* Ideally, an operator background.
* Degree Educated.
* Ability to work Rotation / Residential.
If you are interested in this role then please apply via the Link below.
- United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi
- 17 Apr 2014
Our major client from the oil and gas indistry is looking to hire Field HSE Site Supervisor to work with its team in the UAE.
To assist the HSE field superintendent in all domains related to hygiene and safety prevention and environment protection, in co-ordination with all other site entities, to inform him of any special situation leading to any unsafe situation which can affect the site HSE cover.
To participate actively and regularly to the good application of the group, affiliate and site HSE management.
To check continuously the availability of the safety material needed to insure the site safety. To propose any improvement in the safety equipment/material preventive maintenance if necessary.
To assist the HSE field superintendent when specific operations and interventions are conducted on site (respect of the in force rules and procedures)
8 years of offshore experience as Field HSE Site Supervisor
Years of experince in a supervisory role
Platform offshore experience
Exposure on brownfield projects