Find a Job
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- United Kingdom: Greater London
- 22 Apr 2014
Main Job Function:
The Flow Assurance Engineer will be cross--discipline focused having interaction with a series off engineering
Disciplines tot support a major subsea led project;
The Flow Assurance Engineer will support the delivery off fellow assurance design and operating strategies,
Supporting safe and reliable operations...
Main required skills:
Deliver system wide fellow assurance through Steady--state thermo hydraulic design and Transient thermo
Deliver operating guidelines and supporting documentation as and when required
Ensure requirements in the system are supported by appropriate operating guideline documentation; for
Example; Hydrate, Wax and Liquids Management Strategy
Lead fellow assurance interface through process design and interface schedules
Manage interface with hardware designers and contractors
Support integrity assessments; provide input tot corrosion and erosion risk assessments
Assistance with advanced dynamic simulation
Support the identification of process risks and the delivery off risk actions plans
Knowledge off the following software’s is requested
Olga, PVTsiim ((Mandatory))
XPsim, Gap, Piipesim ((Preferred))
Knowledge off Mettle or Wolfram Mathematical or Visual Basic is appreciated..
- United Kingdom: Cleveland
- 22 Apr 2014
Process Control Engineer
Based North East
Paying up to £52000 pa dep on experience, + excellent benefits.
An opportunity has arisen to work on the largest LDPE plant in the world, for a Process Control Engineer.
Apply process control expertise to existing systems and identify new opportunities for the improvement of manufacturing plant capability, efficiency, variable cost performance and reliability, and thereby enhance business performance. To ensure the availability and security of the Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) and associated Advanced Control Networks (ACNs), providing technical support and configuration resource to the System Owners and Operations Managers in support of their objectives, and undertaking system maintenance and diagnostics as necessary.
Skills and Experience Skills and qualifications required:
- Candidates are required to hold an engineering degree (or equivalent qualification).
- Candidates are required to have experience in the configuration and/or use of one or more DCS platforms.
- Candidates are required to have previous experience with basic DCS control systems design/implementation and maintenance/tuning.
Skills and qualifications preferred:
- Experience using the Aspentech DMCPlus suite of tools.
- Experience configuring and programming an Honeywell Experion DCS system.
- Experience of working in a chemical engineering process environment.
- Applicants would preferably be a Chartered engineer.
- United Kingdom: West Sussex
- 22 Apr 2014
Senior / Lead Validation Engineer - Pharmaceuticals - South, UK - Contract
Our client is a leading Pharmaceutical Engineering and Validation Consultancy. At present they are seeking a Lead Validation Engineer for a project based in the South, UK. They are seeking an experienced candidate with a proven track record and ability to lead and manage validation projects. Candidates must have strong pharmaceutical experience within Equipment, Utilities and Process Validation along with sound knowledge of GMP. Candidates must have experience of generating and executing IQ/OQ/PQ documentation. The project duration is 12 months and they are looking to start ASAP.
- United Kingdom: Aberdeenshire
- 22 Apr 2014
Our client, a large Engineering Support Services, require an experienced Senior Corrosion Engineer, with a background in operations and service delivery to the Oil and Gas Industry, to work as part of a dedicated team on major offshore and subsea oil & gas projects in a client-facing role based in our Aberdeen office. This is a permanent position.
Reporting directly to the Integrity Team Lead (ITL), your main objective will be to direct and control effectively and efficiently the work allocated to you.
Ensure all work is covered by a work order or through the CTR system.
Assist in monitoring costs against budget, and warn Line Manager/ITL of potential overruns where appropriate.
Supervise Junior Engineers and Technical assistants when required.
Support the Senior Inspection Personnel in provision of specialist expertise on major offshore and subsea projects, both to the project teams and directly to clients in the following areas:
Materials Selection and Review of Design Basis/Materials Suitability.
Corrosion Risk Assessment (including commissioning of appropriate databases, where necessary).
Corrosion Management Systems/Strategies.
Risk based Inspection.
Corrosion Awareness and Technical Skills Training.
Ad-hoc Consultancy/Troubleshooting (Process Investigation, Monitoring, Sampling, Mitigation, etc.).
Design, Implementation and Management of (on-line) Corrosion Monitoring Systems.
Identification and collation of relevant data from various sources, e.g. drawings, datasheets, manuals, inspection reports, etc.
Commissioning, interrogation and auditing of databases.
Applicants for this position should have a relevant engineering or science degree. A post graduate qualification would be considered an advantage.
Relevant experience - large part of which should be in the offshore and subsea Oil & Gas sector.
Versatile and flexible team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Good attention to detail, able to write clear, concise and accurate reports and also interpret reports from 3rd parties.
Adaptable and well organised with a practical minded approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- United Kingdom: Greater Manchester
- 22 Apr 2014
Our client is looking to add to their maintenance team with the addition of an Instrument specialist to work at technician level, carrying out preventative maintenance in accordance with pre-determined schedules, as well as responding to breakdowns.
They operate a top-tier listed, Chemical Manufacturing facility in east Manchester. They are looking to engage the successful candidate on a permanent basis, but contractors may also be considered.
Ideal candidates will be qualified to HNC level, with a strong background in Chemical Manufacturing within a COMAH environment. Due to the hazardous nature of the facility, only CompEX certified candidates can be considered.
If you could be interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please respond with a copy of your latest CV for consideration
- Middle East: Qatar
- 22 Apr 2014
Skill: Contract Administrator
Duration: June 2014 to October 2015 and renewable .5 / 6 days per week, 10 hours per day.
Travel Days unpaid
Visa Status - Single Status
Medical Insurance provided to you.
No expenses with regard to the family and education is paid
Family can be brought into the country under personal sponsorship
Any days not worked not paid
- Provide high quality advice on all post-award contractual matters and contract administration strategies and tactics, invoice verification, cost allocation and payment.
- Monitor commitments against each EPC Contract and prepare monthly reports and statistics indicating total commitment status and expenditure against budget, trends and analysis of variance.
- Coordinate project change control system. Review and endorse all Project Management of Change Requests, and contractor change orders / variation requests. Ensure the change is in compliance with the PMOC Procedure and within the budget available.
- Prepare and administer work requests for Exxon Mobil ad-hoc manpower.
- Prepare letters, notices and claims under Contracts in accordance with the requirements.
- Liaise with legal and insurance department for vetting, and action claims.
- Responsible for centralized preparation of Minor Works Order Contracts for procurement of works/Services required by within departmental TOFA limit, in accordance with Corporate Procurement Manual.
· Degree from a recognized University or College with engineering or accounting knowledge.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 10 Years post-qualification experience in Contracts, Business Controls & Budget Administration.
- Good experience in dealing with consultants, contractors, vendors and suppliers particularly pertaining to financial issues in oil and gas, petrochemical or LNG plants.
- Strong Computer skills and experience with SAP & Microsoft Office.
Kindly send me your updated CV with the below details:
· Date of Birth & Nationality - (For Visa reasons)
· Current Salary
· Expected Salary
· Notice Period
- Australasia & Pacific: New Zealand
- 21 Apr 2014
My client is a refining company with a succesful history in New Zealand.
Based in Whangerei, Northland - they now seek a Process Safety Engineer to maintain Process Safety, Risk, Integrity & Management of Major Accident Hazards.
In return you will be provided with an outstanding work/life balance in one of the world's most liveable countries.
- Develop and provide specialist expertise in specific areas of responsibility.
- To be a Site Safety Case coordinator, including facilitation and documentation of hazard analysis and process risk assessments.
- Ensure the HSE Case is maintained, periodically reviewed and is effective. Ensure that the Case is audited for compliance.
- Ensure that Process Safety reviews are conducted at an appropriate frequency, that findings are assessed, actions are assigned and closed out.
- Ensure that findings from insurance reviews and other risk assessment studies are assessed, actions are assigned and closed out. Consider selected third party learning from incident reports and assess whether action is required.
- Act as mentor and coach to the Process Engineers on process safety and related activities.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or a combination of tertiary qualifications and relevant experience
- Experience in a Refinery or petrochemical industry in a relevant engineering discipline. Engineers with less experience will also be considered for the role
- Technically competent with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound fact-based decision making
- Sound knowledge of Process Safety, HAZOP, Tripod, and RCA methodologies
Please forward your CV to melbourne at nesglobaltalent.com to be considered for this unique opportunity.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted at our earliest opportunity.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 21 Apr 2014
A Fantastic Permanent Job Opportunity with an oil and gas industry leader in Qatar for a Head of Planning –Maintenance Department!
To qualify, candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a total 12 years relevant experience in the maintenance of process oil & gas or petrochemical equipments with at least 5 years of experience in maintenance planning and Managerial Experience. Must have solid engineering background and operational knowledge of equipment used in Oil & Gas industry such as process control instrumentation, rotating and static equipments such as: compressors, gas turbines, valves, pumps, power generation, tanks, vessels, etc. Possess maintenance planning / scheduling experience with known CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) - SAP R/3 and Meridium data management control systems.
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of a TAX FREE SALARY with great Family Benefits!
- United Kingdom: Aberdeenshire
- 18 Apr 2014
Our client, a Major Operator Oil and Gas Company, is seeking a Material Data Team Lead to join them on a contract basis. This is initially for a 12 month period.
To lead a team and provide support to increase the number of Materials Mastered Items (Material Master Records) used for Preventive and Corrective Maintenance (whilst working with others to avoid duplication and redundancy).
Improve the quantity, speed of creation and quality of our 'Bills of Material' (Materials used for Maintenance Events).
Work with others to implement a sustainable, low-cost, efficient process to maintain Material Master Record and Bill of Material on an ongoing basis.
• Lead the Material Helpdesk providing support to on and offshore personnel by providing on information on material master currently available, raising new MMR and police on use of Generic.
• Provide guidance on the effective use of the Catalog Request Process, including liasing with and coaching Work Preparers to improve the quality of materials being ordered
• Interface with Contracts & Procurement to improve (shorten) material lead time (and other mandatory) data held in SAP
• Prioritise and identify equipment / Functional Locations requiring Bills of Material
• Work with others to develop and then build accurate and effective Bills of Material against Maintenance & Integrity MM project delivery timescale
• Provide Weekly/Monthly progress reporting.
• Liaison with all Project personnel and client representatives.
- United Kingdom: Derbyshire
- 18 Apr 2014
Prospect, a Superior Energy Services Company, is a global provider of engineering solutions to the oil, gas and renewable energy sectors. With offices in Europe and the USA, the company has won multiple awards for its services in advanced engineering including CFD and FEA, subsea engineering and project management. Prospect is committed to developing capabilities of its professional engineers through continuous training to the highest standard. Its combined resources as a member of the Superior Group enable the company to deliver true start-to-finish solutions.
Prospect are currently looking for a Principal Engineer to join their team in Derby.
To control the technical execution of Prospect projects using technical expertise and experience in engineering design and analysis
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensuring the technical execution of projects
Represent their field of interest/experience/expertise on the Technical Steering Group
Production, technical review and approval of documents (proposals, reports, etc.) relevant to their experience
To carry out engineering design and analysis in accordance with Prospect procedures, client requirements and statutory requirements including applicable codes and standards
Supervise and mentor Engineers and Senior engineers
Assist Project manager(s) with reporting and meeting with clients on a project basis
To assist where required with business development
Work will normally be performed at the Company's offices in Aberdeen or Derby but there may be requirements to work at client offices occasionally or other Prospect offices
A suitable engineering or relevant degree
At least 6 years’ experience of engineering design and analysis using commercial software
Experience of supervising, mentoring and managing a team
Proven track record in Oil and Gas and wider energy industry would be beneficial
Proven communication skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
Ability to work well under pressure with a team spirit and cooperative nature
Self-starter capable of working and prioritizing projects with little supervision
Superior time management and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects/assignments
Pro-active attitude towards Service Quality and HSE MS Program
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the relevant qualifications and experience, then apply today.