Jobs By Location
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- Middle East: Saudi Arabia
- 5 Mar 2014
Our client, a major company to the Oil & Gas industry, is presently looking for a Sr. Technical Professional Leader - Architectural to join its team during the greenfield/ brownfield modification works of projects in the Middle East region. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications; proven O&G experience, covering all aspects of design, specification and services related to the built environment such as public and administrative buildings, residential, living quarters, control rooms, etc. minimum of 10 years related experience, with average experience of 20+ years.
- Australia: Western Australia
- 5 Mar 2014
Senior Drilling Engineer
Our client is a well-known Australian oil & gas operating company. Due to continued exploration and development of existing fields in Australia, coupled with the start of a major international expansion program, our client requires a number of experienced Drilling Engineers to guide the company through this exciting period of growth.
Working as part of the company's functional drilling and completions team, you will be responsible for the design, construction, maintenance and abandonment of company assets. You will gain experience working on a number of different projects rotating between design, planning and execution focused roles. Drilling will predominantly be offshore in deepwater, shallow and mid-depth water operations uitilising a variety of rig types including jack-ups, semi-subs and drillships.
These are permanent positions based in the company's Perth office. The roles will be office based with some travel to site required during execution phase. This opportunity will only suit candidates looking for a long term permanent role, happy to live and work in Perth, Western Australia. A full relocation package can be provided for candidates currently based overseas that match the requirements of the role.
· Provide drilling engineering expertise for the design of exploration, appraisal, development and production wells
· Supervise and mentor drilling and well engineers
· Preparation of drilling engineering programs and execution procedures
· Assure compliance with regulatory standards for well construction
· Preparation of Government approval documentation
· Provide drilling engineering support to offshore rig teams
· Providing input in identifying and evaluating new opportunities
· Working with other engineering functions to resolve key issues and decisions
· Engineering degree (ideally petroleum or mechanical)
· Significant demonstrable experience in offshore drilling engineering
· Demonstrated experience with a major international operating company
· Demonstrated experience in well design, planning and execution
· Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
· Display a strong emphasis on teamwork
· Ability to plan and manage competing workloads under tight time constraints.
- United Kingdom: Dorset
- 4 Mar 2014
Our client is looking for a Service Engineer within their Marine Department. The engineer will be required to attend various sites, mainly overseas but some in the UK, to supervise the mechanical and electrical installation of their combustion equipment. Part of the requirement will include some actual installation work. Upon completion of the installation the engineer will be required to bring the equipment in to service, fully commission and load performance test. There is also a requirement to attend sites to carry out fault finding, maintenance and other service activities.
· PLC experience
· Electro Mechanical skills
· Combustion experience
· Preferably experience in the Marine/Offshore sector
· Instrumentation and control
· On site project management experience
· A full passport with no restrictions regarding visas
· Medically fit to work offshore
· A current driving licence
This role demands a flexible approach to working hours and long periods away from home both onshore and offshore.
- UK & Europe: United Kingdom
- 4 Mar 2014
Job Title: Lead Cost Estimator – Aberdeen - £600 per day
Our client is a world leading multi-disciplined oil and gas consultant. With main offices in Aberdeen, London, Houston and Perth we currently employ around 1250 highly skilled engineers involved in the oil and gas engineering value chain from feasibility and concept selection through to operational support.
We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Lead Cost Estimator. The primary function of this position is perform and manage the delivery of front end conceptual level cost estimates utilising established in-house estimating tools (e.g. ADEPT, Brownfield Cost Estimator, Decommissioning CE Tool). There shall also be a requirement to develop and maintain cost estimating procedures and systems in conjunction with the London based estimating team.
Internal: Study and Project Leads, Process and Facilities Engineering Discipline Engineers, Cost Estimating Manager
External: Client Cost Estimators
Preparing conceptual level estimates for onshore, offshore and subsea facilities, both Brownfield and Greenfield, utilising in-house estimating tools. Liaising with study management and design team to request and obtain accurate input information for the estimates. Liaising with client estimating engineers to agree estimate basis, align input norms and agree estimate exclusions. Interrogate information received to ensure accurate estimate build up. Check actual quoted material / equipment prices against norms data to ensure accurate estimate build up and up to date information. Maintaining accurate and consistent estimating allowances in all output. Maintaining and developing local cost estimating procedures and systems in line with corporate guidelines. Input into corporate procedures. Acting as the company and client focal point for cost estimating in Aberdeen. Managing and allocating resources for the company's estimating requirements – i.e. potential development in regional offices. Liaising with other offices to maintain consistency of approach to cost estimating. Maintain and further develop in-house cost estimating tools in conjunction with designated focal points and central cost estimating team.
Proven track record in conceptual level cost estimating with a minimum of 10 years relevant oil
and gas industry experience.
Good working knowledge of cost estimating principles, systems, techniques and industry
Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and build up of applicable phase estimates (i.e.
Feasibility, Conceptual, Pre-FEED)
Demonstrable experience in the build up of cost estimates for oil and gas conceptual level
Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects.
Ability to lead the delivery of structured cost estimates through liaison with study lead and
Ability to deliver benchmarking exercises utilising internal and industry available data.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software and in particular Excel.
Proactive manner demonstrating high numeracy and interpersonal skills.
Accountable and delivers on commitments.
Degree qualified or suitable industry experience.
Experience of risk based and probabilistic cost estimation techniques.
Based in Aberdeen
Travel Required: Occasional – Adhoc Genesis office visits
- UK & Europe: United Kingdom
- 4 Mar 2014
Project Engineer - Pharmaceutical - North West - Contract
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company with operations across the globe. At present they are seeking a Project Engineer on a contract basis for 6-12 months at their manufacturing facility in the North West, UK.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in running multiple projects (5-7 small projects circa £300-500K value) and will offer key project experience to manage the project life cycle and demonstrate a collaborative approach within the engineering group. Key experience in biopharma, sterile manufacturing projects would be advantageous covering equipment, utilities, process and systems management.
Interviews will be immediate for suitable candidates.
- Middle East: Qatar
- 4 Mar 2014
A Fantastic Direct Hire Job Opportunity from Leading Operating Oil and Gas company in Qatar has just been made available for a Commercial Manager!
- A degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration from an internationally recognized university. Advanced Business degree preferred.
- 15 years experience in oil and gas
- Minimum 3 years in negotiation, analysis and/or maintenance of commercial agreements, particularly relating to the technical definition supporting these negotiations;
- Minimum 12 years direct Project Execution experience, proven background in project management principles.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates ability to influence and promote change.
- Demonstrates ability to think and plan strategically.
- Able to work well with people from a variety of national backgrounds and cultures.
- Computer literacy, using computer and database systems. Primarily MS products: Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of a TAX FREE SALARY with Great Benefits!
- North America: United States
- 4 Mar 2014
Title: Design Manager
Summary: Responsible to manage the operational activities of the Plant Design work centers, plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department, supervise staff and manage project schedule execution, design issues, and department budget. Work with multiple department personnel from Project Engineering, Project Management, Design and Drafting Group, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, and Sales.
- Direct in timely manner the activities of Design group to meet department and company business requirements.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Encourage staff to optimize time and resources in managing job tasks to increase efficiencies and achieve department requirements.
- Provide timely performance reviews that will measure employee performance and compensation and incentives that drive valued performance.
- Establish employee and department goals; motivate and maintain accountability of personnel to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Assist in providing coaching and training as required for improved career development.
- Communicate with Sales, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures, objectives, customer specifications and applicable codes regarding project design.
- Develop and maintain design tools required for project execution.
- Estimate resource requirements for upcoming and potential projects. Maintain and coordinate proper staffing for efficient execution of project backlog.
- Forecast annual operating budget for Plant Design Group.
- Develop, maintain, and execute eingineering schedule for the work center.
- Advanced analytical skills to perform essential job functions.
- Advanced CAD Drafting (2D or 3D).
- Strong understanding of boiler system design and drafting requirements.
- Good operational understanding of computer hardware and software functionality with a thorough understanding and operational knowledge of CAD software in use for project design.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, supervision and management skills to motivate department personnel and develop a high performance team.
- Technical software skills to keep accurate and easily accessible records: Intermediate use of engineering software; MS Office, MS Outlook, and MRP system.
- Conduct self in professional manner and applies active communication skills.
- Provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times with all employees and management; build strong customer relationships.
- Reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of practical problems utilizing techniques to systematically break down multi-dimensional problems or processes.
- Apply strong attention to detail and organizational skills to meet simultaneous project deadlines; ability to maintain accurate and easily accessible records.
- Analize, organize and manage multiple priorities; sets priorities in an efficient manner and optimizes use of time and resources to achieve desired results.
- Exercise strong conflict and problem-solving skills and apply appropriate resolutions.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Identify opportunities for continual process improvements in performing essential job functions and meeting realistic business requirements.
- Speak effectively and make presentations on complex topics.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Type on a keyboard and operate a personal computer.
- Converse over a telephone.
- Perform work within office environment.
Education: Technical Degree in Mechanical Drafting and Design required. Associates Degree in Engineering, Construction, Systems preferred. Equivalent experience at discretion of management.
Ten years or more of previous related experience preferred. Minimum of three years of supervisory experience preferred.
- United Kingdom: Greater Manchester
- 4 Mar 2014
SAP Development Team Lead
SAP Apps. Modules (One or more) - AR, AP, OM, WM, GL, CRM.
Team Management. Technical Spec Writing. Unit & System testing.
Knowledge of change control processes. Knowledge of software development methodologies
SAP Development Team Leader will be expected to work alongside other members of a group IT services team providing development & support. SAP Development Team Lead will be expected to manage & motivate a team of developers to meet demanding timelines as well as being a hands on developer. All development takes place within a development framework & follows a change control process; therefore the SAP Development Team Lead will be expected to have demonstrable experience of change control & software development methodologies. Reporting into the Development & Delivery Manager this role will involve working with the business functional experts to understand the business & technical req's. for any given business need, develop a solution using the appropriate tools & support the testing & installation of the final deliverable. Elements of technical support in the diagnosis & resolution of production sys. issues. SAP Development Team Lead will have strong team management & mentoring skills in order to ensure the development team is operating at full capacity. Liaising with both the functional experts & end users of the solution thus requiring the successful candidate to demonstrate good communication skills with both technical & non technical members of staff.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a driving license
- United Kingdom: Staffordshire
- 4 Mar 2014
A client I am currently working with are looking for an Manufacturing Engineer. The role is based with an industry leading company that have performed exceptionally well in the last 6 years. The role will oversee the manufacturing of sheet metal work, machine components, fabricated structures & hydraulic actuated booms. You will responsible for generating BOM’s & manufacturing drawings from engineering designs.
Be responsible for generating and maintaining Production BOM’s, Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Working practices.
Responsible for the ECR/ECN process for changes to manufacturing drawings and detailed schematics.
Responsible for recommending shopfloor layouts to ensure optimum workflow.
Liaising with R&D and engineering departments to ensure all requirements and standards are fully understood.
Be a key player in the ‘new product introduction’ process ensuring a smooth transition into Manufacture.
Excellent knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering principles
Understanding of Welding, Assembly & Fabricating methods
Design for manufacture experience
Experience with LEAN methodology
- United Kingdom: Cheshire
- 4 Mar 2014
Quality & Performance Manager
Based Ellesmere Port
Paying up to £60000 pa dep on experience, + excellent benefits
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Divisional Quality & Performance Manager shall be responsible for development, implementation and review of the Divisional Quality Assurance System, and for leading the continual improvement of the Divisions systems and performance.
The Divisional Quality and Performance Manager is the individual appointed by the Operations Director responsible for directing all quality and associated performance measures within the Division, supporting Project Managers and specific project delivery teams through the development and implementation of any project specific Quality Assurance System; as defined in the project Quality Assurance Programme.
- The Divisional Quality and Performance Manager will take a leading role in improving the Divisions processes leading to an overall improvement in performance.
- The Quality and Performance Manager shall ensure that products and services provided by the client are provided in accordance with:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems;
- BS EN ISO 14001: Environmental Management;
- IAEA Safety Standard 50-C/SG-Q “Quality Assurance for Safety in Nuclear Power Plants”.
- To carry out duties safely in accordance with company rules and procedures.
- Plan, organise, supervise and monitor the activities of Quality Engineers and Inspectors.
- Review and approval of Project Quality Assurance Programmes (PQAP) and Quality Assurance Plans (QAP).
- Preparation and issue of an annual/monthly Management Review reports.
- Prepare, approve and issue management procedures and work instructions as required.
- Formulation of action plans and corrective actions arising from any compliance issues, non-conformance reports, Continuous Improvement Action Requests (CIAR), improvement points or corrective actions arising from project-related activities, products and services provided by Interserve and any subcontractors.
- Monitoring and reporting progress against QA objectives and key performance measures.
- Develop, foster and promote a culture of continuous improvement within the Division, and assist with the training and development of team members; ensuring that a culture of innovation and continuous improvement is recognised and adopted.
- To contribute to effective team working and team building, by working closely with other team members to implement policies and strategies to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and maintain monthly key performance measure indicators
Knowledge skills & experience
- HND, HNC or equivalent (NVQ 4) in Engineering and/or Construction
- (Lower qualification will be considered if supported by relevant experience and performance supported by evidence and references.)
- Thorough grounding in engineering and construction.
- Thorough understanding of business improvement using Lean / Six Sigma methodologies
- Understanding of Quality Management systems and principles.
- Management of Non-conformances.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Thorough understanding of current health, safety and environmental legislation (including CDM 2007), approved codes of practice and relevant standards.
- Experience of working within a customer-focused environment.
- Recognised and applicable Honours Degree or Masters Degree.
- Membership of relevant Institution – CQI Dip. Q (formerly IQA).
- Lead Auditor.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Qualifications in either TPM, Lean, or Six Sigma.
- ISO 9001, BS EN ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
- Nuclear site experience and knowledge
- Driven individual in performance management and eager to drive business performance improvements
- High professional integrity – not prepared to issue or endorse instructions which are anything other than safe, beneficial or achievable
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Ability to work flexibly in support of multiple projects, clients and Quality and Performance Managers
- Focussed on client & stakeholder satisfaction
- Team player – effective team member; supporting and developing the team to best effect
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must display keen analytical skills.
- Willingness to undertake further training to ensure continuing development in line with future project/business needs.
- Willingness and ability to participate in task audits, including quality audits, near miss reporting, plant audits and safety observations.