Jobs By Location
We have technical and engineering jobs throughout the world and across multiple disciplines. Search our current vacancies to find your next role - whatever your technical or engineering expertise.
- Americas: USA
- 4 Dec 2013
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and direct staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a major Oil and Gas EPC have an opportunity for a Subsea Controls engineer to work in a long term Permanent Hire position based in Houston, Texas.
The SUBSEA CONTROLS ENGINEER is responsible for all matters pertaining to the Controls systems for the subsea intervention equipment. This includes technical detailed specification design, equipment/hardware and software performance criteria (capabilities, reliability, maintenance and safety), evaluation of new and existing subsea controls technology for both field and shop operations, development of testing, troubleshooting, repairing and operating procedures, as well as responsible for ensuring the requirements set forth by the different and applicable industry standards are met satisfactorily. The subsea controls engineer is responsible for the development and administration of all technical documentation, as well as the development and implementation of a Quality Assurance program for all aspects of subsea and topsides controls systems. The person selected for this post is also responsible
for developing, maintaining and continually evaluating subsea and topsides controls technology and technology vendors. He/she may be required to support product sales in relating system features and benefits.
G. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (SPECIFIC TO THE ASSIGNED OPERATION)
· Monitors Control system operation, safety and performance for each intervention system
· Recommends purchases to improve performance & capabilities, oversees implementation
· Designs proper form and fit of Controls equipment to customer requirements for each job
· Develops practical maintenance procedures for all Controls assets
· Assists in training Subsea shop and operator personnel on Controls systems
· Assists Shop Manager to develop procedures specific to the Subsea shop base operation
· Responsible to develop Controls spares inventory lists for shop and field locations
· Interacts with Subsea Division, Operations, and Shop Managers to address equipment capabilities, modifications, repairs and improvements as well as processes and procedures for same
· Responsible for technical evaluation and recommendations on all matters pertaining to failure analysis, testing, and documentation for same
· Responsible to assess new Controls equipment and technology, identify and recommend opportunities for implementation
II. FINANCIAL: (SPECIFIC TO THE ASSIGNED OPERATION)
· Assists Operations Manager to develop operations budgets and expenses for Controls through good knowledge of economic drivers and uses that knowledge to influence decisions
· Identifies opportunities to generate/improve financial performance from Controls area of operations
· Superior vendor management experience (communication, cost, scheduling, MOC, etc.) for the purpose of minimizing costly delays and/or errors.
A. EXPERIENCE: · Recent subsea and topsides controls system design and operations experience, 8 years or more required
· Recent subsea intervention (vessel, production tree and wellhead interface) experience preferred
· Knowledge of reliability issues associated with controls systems
· Understanding of subsea electrical distribution system
· Knowledgeable of current technology selection drivers for subsea controls systems
· Experience with issues associated with long subsea tie-backs
· Competent with top-side controls commissioning and function optimization
· Knowledge of interface standardization for different subsea controls systems
B. EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
· B.S. Engineering with 8 years or more subsea controls experience
C. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
· Excellent ability to drive incident free HS&E culture
· Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision
· Self-directed and proceeds on own initiative; strongly proactive
· Excellent documentation skills
· Excellent understanding of hydraulic equipment
· Excellent understanding of electro-hydraulic equipment
· Good understanding of E-H software controls
· Ability to read hydraulic and electrical layouts
· Ability to effectively deal with problems under pressure
· Ability to maintain good client and coworker relationships
· Good computer skills with MS Office Suite and controls-specific software
· Commitment to develop and follow operational procedures
· Commitment to performing safety-conscious operations without deviation
· Commitment to ethical behavior
- Continental Europe: Scandinavia
- 4 Dec 2013
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and direct staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a leading oil and gas major have an opportunity for a Project Audit Lead to work on an offshore development project, on a 12 month renewable contract based in Stavanger, Norway.
The Project Audit Lead will establish and manage the project audit and assurance process, programme and tracking registers; perform project audits on Package Teams, Contractors and Suppliers; Review and comment on Contractor audit plans and attend their audits; Perform and manage project audit and assurance activities and close-out of actions and other ad-hoc duties.
You will have a BSc / B.Eng in engineering or project management with a lead auditor qualification. You will also have 15 years experience in major EPC projects and be familiar with working in Norway.
It is essential that you speak fluent English and have eligibility to work in Norway (Resident or EU Citizenship).
To apply, please send your latest CV to Darren Moore.
Please note, if you have not been contacted within 3-5 days of applying then you have not been considered on this occasion.
- UK: London & South
- 4 Dec 2013
PRINCIPAL PROCESS ENGINEER
My client encompasses the following key areas: Exploration, Petroleum Engineering and Developments, Engineering Projects, Operations and Well Engineering, Commercial and Assurance, Strategy and Portfolio Development, IT & Technology and HSSE. Coupled with the co-ordination and development of and the longer-term planning and development of technical and commercial capabilities
The Principal Process Engineer - Process Tools and Techniques will be responsible for owning and developing my client's process engineering simulation tools and techniques for world-wide application.
The job holder will be tasked with providing:
o Specialist technical support for process engineering work across all Group assets in both operation and the project development phase.
o Conceptual process engineering input to projects during the early development & concept selection stages
o Coaching and training to the global process engineering community
o Provide engineering support to assets and projects during all phases, including general process support, steady state and dynamic simulation support as required.
o Contribute Process Engineering design input to both future and current development projects across the gas chain.
o Lead or participate in PEER assists, PEER Reviews and Technical Assurance reviews to add value and ensure compliance with the Assurance Framework and approvals procedures.
o Liaison with Development Managers, Subsurface professionals, Operations and Commercial Managers to support development opportunities and deliver optimized proposals.
o Maintain and extend Group Process Engineering Toolkit
o Accountable for identification, selection and roll -out of Process Engineering best-practice tools to meet the Group's needs.
o Responsible for management of the network licence systems for UniSim.
Liaison with Technical Authorities across the Group in implementation of the licence systems and ensuring license needs are met
o Responsible for the development and dissemination of best practices guidelines, processes and procedures in the areas of Process Simulation to Group Assets and projects
o Responsible for quality assurance of common Process Tools adopted across the Group
o Responsible for provision of expertise in computational techniques; particularly process and multi-phase flow simulation and dynamic simulation.
o Investigation and resolution of operating problems in existing Assets through use of process modelling systems.
o Contribute Process Engineering input to Integrated Production System Modelling enabling linking of sub-surface and surface simulation systems into a complete production model.
o Identify opportunities for technology development and pursue with sources of expertise.
o For employees, include as a minimum the following HSSE accountability:
o Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
Experience and knowledge
o BSc / MSc / MEng degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
o Chartered Engineer.
o Significant experience of process engineering in an exploration and production Facilities/Development Engineering environment, with experience in onshore and offshore oil and gas production and processing facilities.
o Front end process engineering gained in a contracting or owners environment.o Experience of a client/operator environment and a knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work.
o Working knowledge of integrating software packages i.e linking Hysys/UniSim with OLGA or Pipesim.
o Knowledge of process design safety through application of inherently safe design and international standards relating to layers of protection, pressure protection, relief & de pressuring systems and instrumented protection systems.
o Expertise in process simulation and calculations to support their evaluations including high proficiency with Hysys (or UniSim), FlareNet (UniSim Flare), FlareSim.
o Dynamic simulation experience with development of Operator training Simulators and advantage.
o Working knowledge of PipeSim and OLGA Expertise in fluid flow and working knowledge of flow assurance.
o Knowledge of fundamental chemical and thermodynamic methods needed to enable selection of appropriate calculation methods for process system design.
o Good understanding of E&P surface facilities (process through to operations) and an understanding of interface requirements with subsurface disciplines and commercial to enable incorporation of multi-discipline results into the process engineering element of development studies and FEED work.
- UK: London & South
- 4 Dec 2013
Our client is a large global provider of professional services to the energy, resource and complex process industries. We have the track record and systems necessary to pursue and deliver large-scale and complex projects.
They are looking to enhance the team with Study Consultants/Managers to help support our growing business and have positions available in both their London and Woking offices.
Take a role in the execution of the design phases required for various oil and gas facilities in various global locations.
Be temporarily integrated into study teams as appropriate and satisfy the following:
- Technical assurance for key deliverables.
- Provide technical services for green field and brown field projects.
- Provide cost effective engineering, design advice and expertise.
- Lead and check studies, engineering work and plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical process support to facilities team on studies including planning, execution and scheduling.
- Provide an accurate schedule, estimates and forecasts for the monitoring and control of studies and report on a regular basis.
- Carry out or verify designs, design studies, reviews. Implement, monitor and verify technical work ensuring technical integrity of study deliverables.
- Add technical integrity to engineering activitites.
- Develop/implement innovative engineering solutions.
- Lead HAZOP and design studies.
- Ensure HSSE standards are maintained in the workplace and appropriate processes are followed.
- Provide input into plans and budgets.
- Significant experience in upstream oil & gas engineering facilities design.
- Knowledge of oil industry standards and specifications.
- Preparation of feasibility, conceptual and FEED.
- QA/QC systems.
- Experience of offshore and onshore working environments.
- Significant experience in discipline level design engineering.
- BSc/ MSc/BEng Chem Eng Degree.
- Flexible geographical mobility for short trips.
- UK: Aberdeen
- 4 Dec 2013
Principal Technical Safety Engineer
Duration - 6 months+
Degree qualified and/or with a nationally recognised professional qualification.
North Sea standards for Offshore Platform Safety must be met
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and quantification
- Facilitation of Safety & Design Reviews and Hazard and Operability Studies
- Review safety engineering requirements for specific projects
- Leading groups of safety and risk engineers on large projects
- Working as part of the Risk & Safety Engineering group to provide advice to Project Engineering personnel & Management on all aspects of risk reduction, mitigation and safety engineering matters.
- Americas: USA
- 4 Dec 2013
- Provide support to customers (lubricants additives)
- Work with plants and mushroom business within current customer base
- Accountable for delivery of annual sales in assigned territory
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry or related field of study required
- Minimum three years of oil and gas related sales experience, lubricants additives experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- UK: Aberdeen
- 4 Dec 2013
NES Global Talent have an immediate opportunity for a staff QHSE Engineer based in Aberdeen.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic engineer to join a leading subsea technology company within the oil and gas industry.
Suitable candidates shall provide practical advice, guidance and support covering multiple functions across the business covering:
The ability to develop and foster positive relationships with key senior management to ensure QHSE systems and policies are understood and delivered.
Identify and foster sound working relationships with key client personnel, understand their requirements and share the knowledge across all QHSE personnel and contracts as appropriate.
Ensure the implementation and management, within the Business Unit of all the QHSE policies, assets, resources, processes and systems delivering beyond best in class measurable performance and behaviours.
Ensure that all the QHSE, resources, measures, processes and systems support, drive and deliver the needs of the business unit and reflect the standards and the Vision and Values of the Company.
Advise Senior Management on their respective duties and responsibilities with regards to QHSE.
Continually review the implementation of the company integrated management system/ procedures and amend/improve as required appropriate to the needs of the business unit.
Prepare a monthly report and update on the business unit targets, objectives and KPI’s for the QHSE Manager.
Liaise/interface with other external bodies to ensure the company keeps pace with changing legislation, standards, guidance etc.
Development and ensuring provision of ongoing mentoring of the business unit’s trained trainers programme and update trained trainers competency annually.
Management of Company accident/incident reporting process and liaising with insurers on claims reports.
To act as the QHSE Champion for the business unit, delivering sound advice and assistance where required.
NEBOSH General Certificate
Experience within the Subsea Oil and Gas industry or Offshore Renewables Industry.
Capable of implementing new QSHE processes and business systems.
Able to apply QSHE knowledge in a way that delivers practical, business led solutions.
- UK: North East
- 4 Dec 2013
SENIOR STATIC EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
Paying up to £60000 pa + excellent benefits
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Static Equipment Engineer to join their team in Cleveland.
- Develop expert static equipment engineering knowledge in equipment selection and design.
- Provide specialist guidance in the design of static equipment.
- Lead the specification development of static equipment for a range of existing chemical and developmental process technologies.
- Ensure that static equipment meets process and operational requirements by working with worldwide equipment vendors and engineering contractors.
- Provide expert support to clients worldwide.
- Degree in a relevant discipline coupled with experience gained in the chemical industry, ideally with experience of design for high hazard petrochemical plants.
- Experience of design, specification and maintenance of static equipment on an industrial chemical plant.
- Knowledge of international standards.
- Commercial awareness, understanding the value of technology.
- An innovative, entrepreneurial engineer with intellectual curiosity and a challenging outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high concern for standards and strong customer focus.
- Membership of a professional body
- UK: North East
- 4 Dec 2013
Chartered status in Engineering.
Educated to degree level in chemical engineering or related discipline. Chartered Engineer.
COMPREHENSIVE TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE OF BATCH CHEMICAL PROCESSING AND RELATED OPERATIONS. Sound knowledge of chemical process plant and equipment. Technical problem solving skills within a process plant environment.
KNOWLEDGE OF QUALITY, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS.
Experience of production support, process design, commissioning and process qualification of primary pharmaceutical batch process plant.
Understanding of chemical processing / engineering implications of HSE legislation.
MANAGEMENT OF ENGINEERING PROJECTS OF SIGNIFICANT VALUE. Management of engineering projects from conception to installation, commissioning and closeout.
Awareness of business environment and financial aspects of a primary business
EFFECTIVE INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS, VERBAL AND WRITTEN.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS. Leadership skills and experience used in a technical environment.
- UK: Midlands & South West
- 4 Dec 2013
SENIOR FOOD PROCESS ENGINEER
BASED IN WEST MIDLANDS
EXCELLENT SALARY + BENEFITS PACKAGE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Carry out conceptual design studies producing design schemes and deliverables such as capacity analyses, process flow diagrams, mass balances and design philosophies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers.
- Liaise with Client and Equipment Suppliers to provide the appropriate technical solutions directly and through supervision of other engineers.
- Carry out equipment specification and assist the procurement team in the purchase of equipment, including post-order expediting as necessary.
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice, being resident on a construction site for short periods as required.
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice
- Gather and disseminate process / mechanical engineering information.
- Act as project manager for engineering studies.
- Plan and manage process safety activities such as HAZOP, HACCP, ATEX/DSEAR, etc.
- Present PM Group Food Process Engineering capability to potential clients in support of proposals.
- Manage, develop and mentor Process / Mechanical Engineering staff at graduate and junior levels.
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, within other PM Group offices and with external consultants.
- Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Food or Manufacturing Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Demonstrated capability in food-process or equipment engineering design
- Experience across a range of PM Group's industry Sectors would be an advantage
- Ideally 10+ years professional experience
- Self motivating and self organising
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams
- Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.