Instrumentation & Controls Maintenance Engineer
- Americas: Canada
- 13 Apr 2012
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is one of the world`s leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies. They have an opportunity for an Instrumentation & Controls Maintenance Engineer to work on an Oil Sands project, on a contractual basis in Calgary.
Development of client computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), asset and maintenance registered build.
- Define maintenance system boundaries on project documentation
- Review, verify and structure equipment tagging into function asset hierarchy.
- Analysis of oil sands equipment and systems.
- Assess project documentation and carry out equipment criticality ranking based on client requirements.
- Retrieval of project equipment data and recording with databases and other systems.
- Review equipment maintenance strategies and provide support on best approach.
- Creation of maintenance task lists to align with client work order and planning philosophies.
- Develop maintenance procedures and check sheets where required.
- Assist the database analyst and technical assistants where required.
- Review of procedure and spare parts requirements to support task list effectiveness.
- Creation of maintenance documents to client quality standard.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of Red Seal Inter Provincial or Alberta Proficiency apprenticeship as an instrumentation and control technician or equivalent with two to five years experience as a maintenance technician of instrumentation of plant equipment.
- Degree or advanced diploma in engineering is an advantage.
- SAP experience is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Maintenance Management systems.
- Ability to understand and follow client specifications.
- Strong technical background.
- Experience in planning and maintenance implementation.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Oil Sands experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the world`s leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies.
- This job is expired.