Location: United States: Illinois
City / Town: Downers Grove
Posted: 20 Mar 2017
Job Reference: 63913
Consultant: Alejandro Jannaut
Consultant contact: 0161 942 4000
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Duration: Long term contract
Pay Rate: $60 - $ 70 / Hour
- Support chemical plant and refinery engineering from the development of FEED packages through detailed design engineering.
- Technical tasks and activities include the generation and modification of PFDs / P&IDs / HMBs / Hydraulics / Process Simulations / PSV designs.
- Leadership capability in Scope development / Budget preparation and management / Schedule development and interaction / Report writing capability
- Extensive expertise in refinery/chemical plant process and project design areas, revamp, technical and startup consulting, codes and standards, utilities, steam generation, process and utilities optimization, plot plans and hydrogen management.
- Comprehensive process design and engineering applications knowledge in chemical plants and refinery units and operations is desired.
Design engineering experience includes:
- Understanding and/or interpreting ER&D generated yield estimate(s), creating process heat & weight balances, sizing fractionators, i.e. set diameter, type, and number of trays and PFD / P&ID development including the basic process controls/instrumentation.
- Responsible for line sizing and hydraulics, equipment design (including sizing, design P/T and material selection) and equipment specifications, i.e. datasheets and templates.
- Equipment included (but not limited to): fired heaters; vessels; reactors; exchangers; pumps; compressors; instruments; piping, relief valves.
- 15+ years of experience in chemical and refinery operations including crude and raw material handling / management through product stream / delivery.
- BS. Chemical Engineering.
- P.E License preferred.
- OSHA certified preferred.
- Aspen Plus / HYSYS - Hydraulics: KORF