Privacy and cookie notice
What information we collect
NES collects personal information from:
• people who register with us or contact us in relation to our recruitment services;
• people who apply to work for us internally;
• our employees;
• our clients;
By providing NES with your information you are consenting to our use of your information in line with this privacy notice.
How we use your information
NES uses your personal information to provide recruitment services, maintain our records and meet our obligations as an employer, if applicable. We also use your information collected from visits to our website in order to personalise your future visits to our website.
NES is an international organisation and has a network of offices in numerous locations all over the world, each of which has access to our central databases. Any personal information provided to us may be stored on our databases so we can perform our services more efficiently. Only authorised NES employees have access to the personal information we collect.
If you have requested us to help you find a role with one of our clients we may pass your personal information to our clients in order to provide you with that service. We will attempt to contact you first to get your permission to pass your information on, but if we have been unable to reach you we may, where we consider it to be in your best interests and in line with your recruitment requirements, still pass on your information. If you do not want us to send your information to any of our clients without your prior specific permission (even when we are unable to contact you and we believe that it serves your best interests) you should contact the NES Data Protection Officer (contact details can be found below). If you are offered an assignment through us we may also pass additional personal information to our client for assignment administration purposes.
If you have applied for an internal job with us we may use your personal information to help confirm your suitability for the role, for example by obtaining references or checking qualifications. We will ask for your consent before we do this. If you are unsuccessful we will keep your application on file and may contact you with regards to future vacancies.
From time to time NES may pass your personal information to third parties, such as insurance or pension providers, so they can provide services relating to our recruitment services or our obligations as an employer. NES retains control of and responsibility for any such use of your personal information, and details of these providers will be passed on to you for the purposes of associated administration.
Apart from for the above, we will not use your information in any other way or pass your information to any other third party without your specific consent unless we are obliged to do so by law, by a law enforcement agency in connection with crime detection (once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request); to protect our users and ourselves; or to ensure the proper operation of our systems.
Transferring information to other countries
NES is an international organisation and has a network of offices in numerous locations all over the world, each of which has access to our central databases and computer systems. Any personal information provided to us may be stored on our databases and/or systems and transferred between any of the locations in which we operate, including those in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Countries outside of the EEA may not have data protection laws which are as stringent as those in the UK and in other countries which are part of the EEA, however NES has processes in place to ensure your information and privacy are protected when information is transferred to other countries.
NES may use your personal information to contact you via post, phone and/or email:
• about the services we provide;
• to send you selected marketing information, for example electronic newsletters;
• to send you other relevant information, for example industry publications.
NES may also occasionally pass your personal information to selected third parties who may contact you about goods or services related to the services NES provides.
When you register on our website you will be asked to confirm if you wish to receive such communications and you will have the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you pass your personal information to NES in any other way, for example by sending us your CV or providing us with your contact details, we will assume you consent to receiving such communications. If you do not want us to contact you in this way you can opt out at any time by clicking unsubscribe or contacting our Data Protection Officer (see contact details below).
NES may monitor incoming and outgoing emails and calls for security and quality purposes.
Access to your Information and correction
We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. If your personal details change or if you believe that any information held by us is incorrect or incomplete please contact us and we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your details as soon as possible.
How long we keep your information
Personal information will only be kept for as long as NES has a genuine business need for it, or for as long as we are required to keep it by law, whichever is longer. Any documents we hold which contain personal information are retained in line with our Document Retention Policy. Information we no longer need to keep is destroyed or deleted securely.
Website and Cookies
When someone visits our website we collect information in order to monitor our website usage and efficiency. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site about website usage and efficiency. There are different types of cookies. The ones used on our website are:
- Performance cookies - these collect information about how visitors use our website, for example which pages are visited most and if any error messages are received when certain pages are visited. This helps us improve how our website works. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies - these cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and changes you have made to things that you can customise like text size and fonts in order to provide you with enhanced, more personal features. These cookies may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other website.
- Advertising & Remarketing cookies – these cookies allow us to collect anonymous data about interests and demographics of our website users, allowing us to improve the website experience for our visitors. They also allow us to serve tailored adverts to better suit users’ needs and only display ads that are relevant. These cookies do not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. For an overview of privacy at Google click here and to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use click here. For a guide on how to change your cookies in your brower, please visit this website.
Further Information & contact details
• By email: email@example.com
• By phone: 0161 942 4000
• By post: NES Global Talent, Station House, Stamford New Road, Altrincham, WA14 1EP
NES Group Limited also maintains a registration detailing how we use personal information with the Information Commissioners Office (registration number Z9518625). This registration is available for public view on their website.